WEEK 1 - Monday 7/9/12

Options
Here is the link for week 1: http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html to see your training plan for this week.

Let's check in every Monday, Wednesday & Friday to check our progress...see who's sticking to it! C'mon, we can do it! :bigsmile:

Replies

• ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    What about those who are supposed to start on Week 3?

Or is this just in general week 1? As in the group as a whole starting week whether you're on level week3 or level week2 etc?

hoping this makes sense lol
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    What about those who are supposed to start on Week 3?

Or is this just in general week 1? As in the group as a whole starting week whether you're on level week3 or level week2 etc?

hoping this makes sense lol

Good question!

I think it matters not where you start, so long as we're all doing it on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Whether you are starting on Week 1, 2 or 3 of the PROGRAM, we're still starting week 1 of the CALENDAR. :laugh:

Each day/week, people can post something like this if they want to:

LEVEL/COLUMN: (looks like there are three levels/columns, those who do fewer to those who can do more)
    SETS COMPLETED: (there are four sets, not including the max...did you do them all as per the program?)
    MAX: (this is explained on the site. after your four sets, you do as many push/press ups as you can to exhaustion, this is your "max")
    COMMENTS: (self explanatory)

It surely doesn't matter what you post, just trying to help people be accountable if they so desire to be encouraged by others! And to show off how they're doing of course. I know so many people love to see others do well too.!
  • lo13264
    lo13264 Posts: 13
    Options
    Took the initial test a day late but am planning on trying this with you all. Was very suprised at how little I could do considering I work as an independent living assistant and need to lift my clients daily. Will be starting at level one but thats ok with me as long as I get back to healthy. I work odd hours but hope to get a chance to connect with everyone anyway.
  • brunagota
    brunagota Posts: 38
    Options
    Im doing column 2
    I did my first day today! I did all the four set and did the 8 in last set. my arms are yelling with pain hehehe but it feels great!
  • stephaniel41
    Options
    Im doing column two as well, my arms are killing me, I am going to get through this. I am going to make myself lol.
  • PilatesAllDay16
    Options
    LEVEL/COLUMN: Two
    SETS COMPLETED: I did all four sets with the same number of reps that the program called for.
    MAX: Six
  • lo13264
    lo13264 Posts: 13
    Options
    level/column: 1
    sets completed: all
    Max: 3

Wow I cant believe how out of shape I have become. This was hard but I will be sticking to it. Good Luck All
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Let's all do this! One day at a time! We CAN do it!

58 years old. 6 standard pushups on initial test.
    Rank/Column 2
    Day 1 completed as prescribed!
    Max = 7.

I'm using the app on the iPhone. I love the way it tells me what my next set is, AND it counts down the rest time between sets.

I'm also using the Push Up Logger on the website, because the app doesn't allow me to make notes. :(

I found out that http://hundredpushups.com also has program for 200 sit-ups, and 200 squats, both of which appeal to me. (There's also 150 dips and 25 pull-ups, if anyone is interested.) However, I'm thinking that one program at a time is enough for this old lady! :)
  • parkers93
    parkers93 Posts: 80
    Options
    Ok completed my push ups.. Went in at week 4 column 3 ...
    Was 5 sets of 21,25,21,21 then the max managed 36...
    Man that was real hard maybe should have started easier lol. Oh well no going back now and no pain no gain
  • 987Runner
    Options
    Good job everyone!!! Hope to see more soon peeps posting soon.....

I'll be doing mine this evening!
  • 987Runner
    Options
    Yes, iphone has an app and I just found the app for Droid too. I'll be using that, pretty doggone convenient...no excuses!
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    what is the app called for droid?
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ok I did week 3 column 2 and that was killer! Did the first 3 sets standard and the last two i did on my knees...PHEW!
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    what is the app called for droid?

Looks like it is "100pushups."

I found this link for you:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V4VP3M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=cymru66-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004V4VP3M

Hoping this helps!

Bonnie
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, iphone has an app and I just found the app for Droid too. I'll be using that, pretty doggone convenient...no excuses!

yeah I found that too. Its pretty cool.

LEVEL/COLUMN: Two
    SETS COMPLETED: I did all four sets with the same number of reps that the program called for.
    MAX: Eight
  • 987Runner
    Options
    Here I am the one who created this and forgot to do them last night. Just did them at work here this morning.

Level 1, column 3. Did all reps and maxed out at 10. Whew, I can barely type or write, I'm all shaky now!

Day 1 down!
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I completed this today. I did level 1 column 2. I maxed out at 7
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of days behind, but should be able to make up for it - Finished day 1 column 3 (barely :)) Will do day 2 Fri, Day 3 Sun, then do week 2 T/T/Sat next week to catch up.