Anybody else Not Feelin a Thing?

Options
MariFitBody
MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
HI!! So Im on Week 3 & Im no longer feelin the burn after my workouts as I was the 1st week and a half. But if I lift heavier Ill have bad form or possibly pull something...but yet I cant manage to do 5 pushups without getting to my knees afterwards! I also cant manage to do NOT ONE SINGLE DECLINE PUSH UP!!! WTH?!? Is anyone else going through this? Am I doing or not doing something??

Replies

• stljpascoe
    stljpascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    when you say getting to your knees you mean the easier pushup version?
  • MariFitBody
    Options
    when you say getting to your knees you mean the easier pushup version?

Yes. I cant do more than 5 regular pushups. Sucks!
  • stljpascoe
    stljpascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    is it an upper body strength thing or no energy?
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I did that at first but try to do what you can in good form and if you go to your knees thats ok. I cant do a pull but by using the bands I will get stronger and eventually get that 1 pull up. Do you take protein or anything before you workout? On the days I work 12 hrs I take a pre workout drink 30 minutes before. Seems to work. Its called power fuel
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    for decline p/u why not try just holding plank in decline for a few seconds. don't forget to clench your butt muscles. that will help keep you up. and it's ok to pyramid to your knees in pushups- you can do pushups from the knees with good form. it's not a bad thing, just try as many as you can on your toes and go to your knees.
    also when lifting, are you keeping pace with Tony, or going faster/slower. and are you keeping track of your reps and weights?
  • MariFitBody
    Options
    I did that at first but try to do what you can in good form and if you go to your knees thats ok. I cant do a pull but by using the bands I will get stronger and eventually get that 1 pull up. Do you take protein or anything before you workout? On the days I work 12 hrs I take a pre workout drink 30 minutes before. Seems to work. Its called power fuel

I take the protein shakes before and after but Im still kissin the floor...lol
  • MariFitBody
    Options
    for decline p/u why not try just holding plank in decline for a few seconds. don't forget to clench your butt muscles. that will help keep you up. and it's ok to pyramid to your knees in pushups- you can do pushups from the knees with good form. it's not a bad thing, just try as many as you can on your toes and go to your knees.
    also when lifting, are you keeping pace with Tony, or going faster/slower. and are you keeping track of your reps and weights?

Yes Im keeping track. On my knees I got it down. I can do about 15 at a time maybe more...depends on the day. I will try to hold the plank. Also I tried going at his pace to see if it works and nothing. Eventually I just get slower till I have to get on my knees.
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think part of it may be that your body is getting used to the routine, and the other part is that you're getting stronger. Next week is a new routine and you may find yourself back in the sore zone.