40 & working on the fabulous part

Options
Dsnyfrk921
Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
Hi! My name is Debbie and I live on Long Island, NY. I haven't even been 40 for a month but still not feeling the number. I guess if I was feeling better about myself, I would have handled it better.

This is my umpteenth time on this weight loss journey and hoping its my last. I lost 54lbs a few years ago and felt great! Then I got pregnant. So, I'm back where I started. Having a baby in the house again, I put myself on the back burner. It's time to change that!

I started again a week ago. I'm down 4lbs and am looking forward to seeing the number go down. I just ordered a new bodybugg and can't wait to use it! I used it to lose all the weight years ago.

I'm also in my sisters wedding party at the end of April and refuse to be the fat bridesmaid. (both my sisters and her friends are all size 0's! No joke!!)

Looking forward to making friends and getting and giving motivation!

Replies

• xtrordinari
    Options
    Hi Debbie, fabulous starts at 40! :) You are doing the best thing by starting again. 4lbs is huge, congratulations! You can do this if you stick with the program. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm really motivated to get this weight off. My husband made a comment a few weeks ago that has really stuck with me. I was talking with my friend about when I lost the weight a few years ago and he said that I smiled more. Hearing that made me cry. I deserve to be happy and healthy. I have two beautiful daughters to stick around for. Plus, everyone around me is getting diagnosed with diabetes. It's freaking me out! I refuse to be one of them!

So, my journey has started and I'm seeing results. I couldn't be happier!
  • xtrordinari
    Options
    Debbie, there is one that I realized just 2 short months ago, and that is life is too short to be unhappy and too costly to be unhealthy. We must stop hating and start loving ourselves! Only after I learned to love me with all of the fat, bumps and lumps, could I make the committment to love myself enough to say that I am worth giving it all that I have. And finally take control of those things like overeating and a sedentary lifestyle that were keeping me from being the person that I was put here on this earth to be. I refuse to lose this battle Debbie! How about you, are you with me? Let's be losers together! :)
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Options
    I am sooooo with ya!! lol
  • tamilynn2008
    tamilynn2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey just wondering what is a bodybugg? Ive heard other people mention it....just curious. Maybe I need one. lol
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Options
    Hi Tamilynn! The Bodybugg is great but expensive! They use it on the Biggest Loser. It's an armband that you wear that calculates the amount of calories you burn in a day. Its a great tool.. especially when you are counting calories. I love it! It helped me to lose 54lbs! I'm hoping it'll help again! :)
  • tamilynn2008
    tamilynn2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey that might be a good birthday present to ask my girls for. They've been asking me what I want for a couple of weeks!
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Options
    I loved it! It really kept me honest and motivated. When I saw I wasn't burning enough calories, it made me move! I always had a goal to burn 1000 more calories per day then I ate. That way I was aiming for 2lbs/week weight loss. It really worked for me. If you get it, I'm here to help and motivate. :)
  • GoJo65
    GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fab 40s Debbie! Where in LI do you live? I am from there & grew up in Roslyn. ;)

Been in NC about 17 years tho.

Feel free to add me-I am looking for more friends..tho I am 47 so a bit more into the 40s ride. :glasses:

-jo