Calorie Burn for Weight Training

Options
HenareW
HenareW Posts: 13 Member
Anyone know roughly what sort of Calories you'd burn for say an hours intense weight training

Replies

• getsixpack
    getsixpack Posts: 49
    Options
    IMO Don't count calories burned in weightlifting - you don't burn that much imo and you'll most likely eat way more than you burned if you get hungry right after
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    IMO Don't count calories burned in weightlifting - you don't burn that much imo and you'll most likely eat way more than you burned if you get hungry right after

Are you serious??? In one of my weight training sessions I recorded my calories burnt at 700. This was from a HRM too. Maybe you don't work hard enough
    OP, get yourself a HRM and find out. I burn more in my leg workouts than I do say, shoulder day. It's the only way to know for sure
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Are you serious??? In one of my weight training sessions I recorded my calories burnt at 700. This was from a HRM too. Maybe you don't work hard enough
    OP, get yourself a HRM and find out. I burn more in my leg workouts than I do say, shoulder day. It's the only way to know for sure

HRM is pointless for lifting. HRM works best for cardio and only steady one, it can be used to track burn from intervals, but won't be accurate for strenght training. I have seen the 300 number showing up a lot (fe NROWL4W) just eat 300 kcal more on the days you lift.