Thoughts/Accomplishments July 9 - July 15

Options
Starting new thread for postings on how the week is going.

Replies

• jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Completed W1D1. It was a struggle but I made it!!! I really had to concentrate and push myself to finish. But once I was done, it was the greatest feeling!!!!

I don't like leaving the gym feeling like I haven't accomplished anything and that definitely didn't happen today!!! Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it. Hope you are as well!!!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    That's great you finished it! I just completed W1D1 as well. I'm happy to say that I haven't lost all my endurance from the few weeks of a break I took from the last time I tried this program out. I actually ended up running over the minute a few times. :)

Looking forward to day 2!
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D1 this morning. I felt great afterwards!
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D1. It was a struggle but I made it!!! I really had to concentrate and push myself to finish. But once I was done, it was the greatest feeling!!!!

I don't like leaving the gym feeling like I haven't accomplished anything and that definitely didn't happen today!!! Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it. Hope you are as well!!!

You did it!! That's great! Hopefully Wednesday will be even easier!

I am going to Zumba tomorrow I think. :drinker:
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Hi! After reading you guys posts I decided to do W1D1 yesterday. I found it quite hard but made it. It's difficult to imagine that in a few months I'll actually be able to jog/run 5k. I'm not sure how fast I was going or how far I ran but hopefully it might restart my weight loss which has plateaued recently. Good luck all and keep up the hard work!!!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Sounds like we had a great W1D1!! I'm glad we have gotten started and are on our way!!!

Clcleeds2012, it was hard for me as well. And I've hard alot of people say that it is difficult at first. But if you keep it up, it should get easier....and hopefully move you past your plateau in the process. Hang in there with us!!! I think we will all see great results in the end!!

J
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D1 yesterday! It was hard and by the second set I swear the timer on my C25k app was slowing way down during my running and speeding up during my walk times. ;) But I got through it.

My knees and legs are sore today. I am hoping I can keep up with the running.

I felt great afterwards.

Great job everyone on our first day!
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Thanks, I hope so :)
  • niknak333
    niknak333 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i haven't been able to start yet because i have tonsillitis but i plan on starting up next week! everyone seems to be doing great so far, keep it up :)
  • Kelwalks4
    Options
    Completed W1D1 yesterday! It was hard and by the second set I swear the timer on my C25k app was slowing way down during my running and speeding up during my walk times. ;) But I got through it.

My knees and legs are sore today. I am hoping I can keep up with the running.

I felt great afterwards.

Great job everyone on our first day!

The nice thing about C25K is that they plan to get you there injury free with the intervals and gradual increases. However, PLEASE don't forget to warm-up and cool down. I have to warm my left knee up. I am also dedicated to taking longer on each week if I need to. I want to be a runner! It will take as long as it takes. :smile:
  • Kelwalks4
    Options
    Bad news today. According to my MRI and Orthopedist I can't run. I only have a little cartlidge left and I have to protect it. I will not be able to become a runner. I waited too long. :brokenheart:
  • KimGibbs20
    KimGibbs20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D2 !!!
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options
    Finished W1D2 !!!

Me too!!! High five!!!!
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Me too!! Gotta get some kind of sporty watch because using my phone for the 60/90 thing is too fidley.
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm ready and excited to do W1D2 when I get home from work. I hope it is cooler out when I get home today. My first day it was 80, not fun to jog in. But I have been staying hydrated all day so that will help.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I just started the program this week, though I had been starting to run a little bit on my own beforehand (up to a mile) so I started on week 4 which is a total of 1.5 miles running. Two days down, one to go, and it's going well so far. I am nervous though looking ahead to next week where I'm supposed to be able to go 2 miles with no walking on the third day. Not sure if I'll be there at that point or not, but I'm gonna try! Can't quite believe I'm doing this, I was always more of the "If you see me running, you better run too, because there's something chasing me" type.
  • writinwater
    Options
    You're all amazing!

I did W1D2 for treadmill yesterday - Still fidling around a bit with how fast and what incline I want it on (around 6.5km/h, incline of 1) but feeling great afterwards!

I'm doing it Monday, Wednesday and Fridays after work and resting my poor little legs inbetween :)
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    It is great reading how everyone is doing!!

And an extra KUDOS go out to you guys that are using an incline on the treadmill. That is awesome! Maybe I will try that one day....but not TOday!!! LOL

Happy Trails,

J
  • klyssamoore
    klyssamoore Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    C25K Week 2 is DONE! Feels good. :)