What workouts are you doing in addition to C25K?

Options
klyssamoore
klyssamoore Posts: 31 Member
Just finished Week 2, Day 1 and I'm feeling great! Just curious..what other workouts, if any, are you guys doing along with C25K?

I do C25K on Monday/Wednesday/Friday followed immediately by half an hour on either the elliptical or the treadmill. Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday I do 45 minutes of cardio (I just started Hip Hop Abs) along with 15-20 minutes of weights. As hard as it is to keep myself from working out...Sundays are my rest days.

Lost 2 pounds this week! :)

Replies

• Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! I walk, take Zumba, water aerobics or put in a biggest loser tape.
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi klselmon.

I am like you....I try to get a hour in each time I work out. After I do the C25K, I will do more Cardio. On the other days, I try to do some strength training and might even add more cardio, depending on how I feel.

I struggle with strength training from time to time. I know I need it but for some reason, I don't like it!! LOL Maybe it's because I'm not sure what I'm doing. But I do feel it's important to have a good mix of cardio and strength training. A personal trainer told me once to think of it this way.....cardio is for short term weight loss and strength training is for long term weight loss.

J
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did Pilates after I got finished with C25K. On the days I don't do it I'm doing weight training and Zumba.
  • farfalla_rosa
    farfalla_rosa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred along with C25K. (Actually I haven't started C25K Yet but I plan on Day 1 being either the upcoming Friday or Monday.
  • writinwater
    Options
    Good on you guys for all your (extra!) hard work :drinker:

I've been doing C25K on the treadmill followed by some weight training on Mon, Wed, Fris, and doing yoga on Tuesdays.

Weekends we try and get out of the house and walk around, either in a park or museum or similar.