New to group

Options
Hi. I am new to this group. I'm 41, almost 42 (September). I would like to lose 50+ pounds by the new year. I would love to have some more friends for support and to support.

Replies

• akiss4u2tam
    Options
    At 43 I've made some life altering chnages around my health... I love to eat however I wasn't eating the right foods... Since I've been on MFP I've lost 26 lbs.... gone down a size.... and can hike mountains!!! I no longer have the ills of my 20's and 30's.... My goal is to get healthy, travel the world, and zip line through the trees!!!!
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    You can do anything you set your mind to.... Stay focused and remind yourself daily that you can do this!!!
  • LifeinDC
    LifeinDC Posts: 34
    Options
    Welcome! Hope we can help you along. I'll send you a friend request. This site has been really useful for getting me to think about healthy grocery and stick with a gym routine. Pick out some mini goals. I just cross into the 160s after starting at 198 and it was so exciting (the 170s lasted forever)!
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your welcome. I really appreciate it!
  • sweetpea5445
    sweetpea5445 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and have decided it's time to eat right and start excersising. It's hard but I think we can achieve our goals. I tend to eat when I'm bored. Excersising is keeping me from being bored so that helps a lot. I will send you a friend repuest.
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome heather, sending you a friend request now.