10lbs Challenge - round 2!

Options
2»

Replies

• hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Round 2, I am on board.
    Congrats to everyone who reached their goal for Round 1.
    Good health to all those on board for Round 2.
    I dropped 8 pounds and am happy with the result, I had hit a plateau and the challenge was the motivation I needed to get things moving in the right direction.
    I read once that it is good to use another term instead of "losing weight". The word losing implies that something is temporarily gone and can be found in the future. Since I have been inflicted with a horrendous yo-yo since I was 16(OMG-42 years ago) I want to change that dynamic and instead in the future I will refer to these as pounds "dropped" never to be picked up in the future.
    I am ready to start packing up clothes that are now too big. Giving them away will be an affirmative acknowledgement that these pounds are not coming back. Does anyone else find that getting rid of clothes that are too big is both a wonderful and scary experience?
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just added my name to the spreadsheet; hopefully this is not a closed group ???

I am in dire need of some motivation and hope that this challenge will help get me back on track.
  • manujaangels
    manujaangels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also in this challenge, was part of the first challenge but after trying hard for 4 weeks the results were very depressing( only 2 lbs lost) and stopped updating the excel sheet . I really put in all efforts (30 day shred and additional 40 minutes of circuit training 5 days a week and restricting calories to 1240 ) but not much weight loss :( still continuing with the effort with the hope that this time will see the scale moving.
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for Round 2! Round 1 I lost 9lbs. Going the extra mile for Round 2. Let's do it! Thanks so much for giving us a forum to post and motivate.
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I dropped 8 pounds and am happy with the result, I had hit a plateau and the challenge was the motivation I needed to get things moving in the right direction.
    I read once that it is good to use another term instead of "losing weight". The word losing implies that something is temporarily gone and can be found in the future. Since I have been inflicted with a horrendous yo-yo since I was 16(OMG-42 years ago) I want to change that dynamic and instead in the future I will refer to these as pounds "dropped" never to be picked up in the future.
    I am ready to start packing up clothes that are now too big. Giving them away will be an affirmative acknowledgement that these pounds are not coming back. Does anyone else find that getting rid of clothes that are too big is both a wonderful and scary experience?
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Yes...I definitely find it empowering and scary...you are letting go of the security blanket...but it feels great to rid your closet of the larger sizes and give them away. Sometimes I have 3 sizes in my closet which is absurd.

I know I can keep this weight off for good and you can too!

Here's to a smaller closet!

Susan
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for round 2. I only lost 3.5 pounds the first round, but for me it was something and I'm happy about that. I am going on vacation in a few days, so only trying to maintain this week. Kind of nervous about it as I don't want to reverse any progress I've made.
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    Yes definitely in for this again! Lost 5 but still proud about that. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and to those who didn't but did not give up. Let's do this thing this time!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, and I can't wait to get this challenge goin!!!
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait for round 2....after 2 weeks of vacation i am ready to hit it hard. Thank goodness i maintained current weight, but i have a few more pounds to lose. And i am so ready for the exercise challenges too
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I not do very well tracking or losing for the first round but am back for round 2! I am bound and determined to do this!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was 'away' for a bit. Vacation and came home to alot of storm damage. I am in for round 2. I did update the spreadsheet with my information I hadn't put in yet. I am hoping in round 2 to lose as much as round one at least. Thanks for keeping this going.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options

They are my comfort zone... But, I'm starting to just get rid of a few at a time... and replace them with ones that are my new size as I do so.
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this 2nd round as well. Nothing seems to motivate me as much as a goal, especially when it is realistic. I too have actually cleaned out my closet. Some of the stuff I found in there was amazing, things I didn't even know I had. Some old favs that I look forward to wearing again and some stuff that I am truly happy to see go. This is different for me because I'd always hang on the the bigger sizes just in case..... This time there is no just in case, I'm going in one direction and that is down :) I did hang on to 1 pair of pants though so I can see how far I've come. So far I'm down 2 sizes and couldn't be happier. I am so grateful for all the support I get here and feel like I am part of a team of individuals working toward the same goals.