How to log exercise?

Options
Flissbo
Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
Hi ladies,

I've searched the formus but can't seem to find an answer :(

How do you all log the workouts on MFP? Strength training or strength training under the cardio bit so it records the calories? I don't suppose it is very accurate?

Thanks,

Fliss

Replies

• Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I log under Cardio as strength training- I have an HRM so know exactly how many calories I burnt in each session..

hOPE THAT HELPS,

Emma.
  • Flissbo
    Options
    Thanks Emma,

Think I need to get a HRM. I swim a lot though and ideally would like one that works in water, but they are expensive! I have my birthday in September so maybe I'll get one then :)

Did you notice how your HRM values differ from what MFP suggests?

x
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    HRMs are not accurate for anearobic exercise. YOu can log the calories manually, but be sure to only eat 300 back for lifting days. When I put in my calsI just automatically give myself 300 for 1 hour, and log all cardio including intervals separately.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I log it under Strength Training in the cardio section. I go with MFP default for calories burned because my HRM isn't accurate for weight lifting.
  • Flissbo
    Options
    Thanks ladies,

I guess I just figure out how long I was actually working out for (ie don't count the rest periods.)

It doesn't come to very many calories when I log it (something like 58) But that was just the first day. I bet the workouts get longer / harder?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Definitely. The later stages (workouts) can take 90 minutes to complete including warm-ups and cool-down.