MFP says I will gain?

Options
I put my 15% cut into mfp and it says I will gain. Should I pay attention to this? My cut is 1990.

Replies

• mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't account for exercise until you've done it and entered it into the database. Then you're expected to eat the calories back. Since your exercise is accounted for in your TDEE-15% calculation, you won't be eating back MFP exercise calories. No worries, as long as you've accurately figured out your TDEE. :smile:
  • sistasledge101
    Options
    yes I didn't think of that. thank you!
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this myself. I hate seeing that "in 5 weeks, you will weigh..." message since I've been EM2WL. It messes with my mind! So I should really ignore it?
  • sistasledge101
    Options
    yes I think so. I believe mfp doesnt include our exercise in that number, but we have already accounted for it
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOL I hate seeing that message too...it's opposite of what I'm used to seeing!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I put my 15% cut into mfp and it says I will gain. Should I pay attention to this? My cut is 1990.

According to MFP I should had weighted around 121 - 122 by now because of the amount of calories I eat. I started doing this around May 10th. I currently weight between 114 - 115 so MFP predictions were way off.