Shakeology!

Options
2»

Replies

• lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I drink mine with almond milk, 2 or 3 ice cubes & a banana.
    I still love it & dont bother changing it.
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh man ... just tried the Greenberry "Banana Sunshine" and dumped it right down the drain. Ugh ... no bueno for me. I couldn't get passed that chalky taste. It was turning my stomach as I was trying to get it down. Two spoonfuls later, it had to go. I'm going to try that above recipe here and see if I like that.

Hope the chocolate one is better ... or else I have to send it back. I just can do it. :(
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Steph13RN, I was the same way when I first started trying the greenberry. Use lots of citrus juices. I PROMISE it does get better. It took a couple of tries for me to find the right recipe for me. Good luck. At first I did not like the chalky taster either.

I had the chocolate today. I used 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk with 1 cup of watermelon and just a little of water. It was good. Not to chocolately.
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks Twi ... I'll have to be more patient! I'll try again tomorrow!
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was one of the few weird ones who could not stand the taste of Chocolate Shakeology ... until I added Vanilla Extract and instantly it was the most amazing thing I've ever had to drink. I either buy Vanilla Extract at Sam's (waaaaay less expensive) or make it myself. I literally look forward to it every morning, where at first I was so upset because I thought it tasted like medicine. Shakeology has been a huge part of my success! Good luck!
  • twilightobession
    Options
    ablissabby, how much Vanilla extract did you add to the chocolate shakeology????? The chocolate shake is kind of strong for me.
  • ablissabby
    Options
    I use 1 tbsp for each scoop; it got a little expensive just buying it at the grocery store, so buying at Sam's Club was the best decision. It takes 3 months for my vanilla extract to "cook", so I'll be buying in bulk for awhile.

Good luck! I use unsweetened almond milk too -- it makes it super creamy!
  • twilightobession
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I will be trying it. Last night at the grocery store I brought vanilla almond milk. I usually buy unsweetened almond milk but decided to try the Vanilla. I need to get more calories in last night and had not had my shakeology and tried the vanilla almonds milk with my chocolate last night. I wanted to drink it like chocolate milk so I just added the milk. I had to add 2 cups of the vanilla milk so it would not be so thick. But it was really good.
  • ablissabby
    Options
    I'm jealous -- I wish I had that "need more calories" problem! :) My recipe every morning is:

1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
    2 cups unsweetened vanilla (or plain) almond milk
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    ice

So I definitely use the same amount of almond milk as you do. Let me know how you like the vanilla extract added!
  • amzg44
    amzg44 Posts: 4
    Options
    Curb back the amount of Shakeology powder you use. Just fill it to the line on the scoop instead of filling the scoop and leveling it off. Use 10oz of water instead of 8oz and a splash of vanilla almond milk. Add PB2 and vanilla extract or just PB2. The more ice you use the thicker it will be so it depends on your pref. Try curbing the powder and increasing the liquid and you should like it better.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I tried the Greenberry with skim milk and gagged it down. I'll choke down the remaining 4 packets by adding orange juice as some of you have advised. I love the Chocolate. It tastes like Hershey's cocoa powder to me...brings back memories of childhood. This is only day 2 for me so I'm anxious to see if I can stick with it.
  • twilightobession
    Options
    b14a3w3, I did not like Greenberry when I started. I could not even drink my 1st greenberry shake. I had to throw it away. But I prefer it over the Chocolate now. The chocolate is too thick and to strong of chocolate. Trying to find a way I like it. I don't like my shakes thick. I like to be able to just drink them.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did do the Greenberry/Orange juice combo and it wasn't too bad. I will finish the greenberry I have but no more for me. I just received another 30 days of chocolate. That should keep me going.
  • twilightobession
    Options
    Ok, I have been Shakeology for almost two months. I get the combo package of chocolate/greenberry. When I first got it and tried the Greenberry I gagged. I did not like the greenberry at all. I was not really wild about the chocolate either.

I was determined that I was going to make this work. I finally found a way that I liked that Greenberry. Now it is my favorite. I take the greenberry powder and mix it with 16 oz. of Minute Maid Light Orange juice. LOVE IT!!!!!!

I was still having problems liking that chocolate. My problem was, I wanted it to taste like chocolate milk and it did not. I talked to my Beachbody coach and she suggested adding vanilla protein powder to it. I did this yesterday and it was wonderful. I mixed the chocolate powder with 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 8 oz. vanilla almond milk and 8 oz. of water. It tasted like chocolate milk to me.

Now I am happy!!!!!!!!!! I like both the Greenberry and the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am new and signed on to be a coach... I just got my first bag of Chocolate Shakeology (not the vegan). I have only tried it with a banana one day, frozen strawberries the next day, and frozen raspberries today. I want to try PB2 next... although I've seen some nice recipes in here.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    For those of you who drink Greenberry try Boathouse Green with it - simply delicious :)