Just ordered a Polar FT7 HRM online!

Options
rr85114
rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
I'm so excited I can't sit still. I also live outside the US so it'll be a good week before it arrives. SIGH.

How have fellow EM2WL-ers found having a HRM helps things?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40
    It gives you a good idea of where you are standing when exercising. The Fitbit does not show much when I am lifting, the Polar goes up quite a bit, especially when I do workout lower body.
    I am sure you will love yours too
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE IT!

If you"ve been using MFPs exercise calculators or other online calories burned calculators, you are going to be in for a shock~ ALL of my calorie burns were MUCH lower when I used the HRM.

Example: for Yoga, the calculators would give me over 400 cals burned when my actual (with the HRM) is around 200+~ a BIG difference!

I was doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution at the time and hadn't started EM2WL yet and MFP, etc would give me over 300 cals burned for the 25 minute DVD~ the actual was more like 130-160!

It was a kick in the gut to have to lower all of my burns but now I wouldn't have it any other way!

You won't regret this purchase!!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 too. I am very happy with it. I haven't been using it much lately because I got a BMF and I misplaced the watch for a bit - doh! I will probably start using it again soon just to compare the numbers - BMF vs HRM.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it. Bonus is that you can wear it when going swimming!! It works fine for me and gives me an idea of calories burned. I wear it under a 1 piece swimsuit.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    FT7 user here myself. Its an invaluable tool. MFP consistently estimates too high on physical activities. :)
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok XRT. It's been with my for 6 years now and I love it. Mostly use it to track various length bike rides, but I've been wearing it when I lift too. I think an HRM is an awesome idea for anyone tracking calories! Way to go.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. The calorie burn is much higher on it than on my Bodybugg though. :frown:
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BTW: I'm tempted to switch my mental "lbs to go" back to "kg to go". Your number looks so much better lol
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Love my FT7!!
  • jwilds1010
    jwilds1010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    love my FT7. The treadmill calorie read outs at the end of my workout are several calories over estimated. The treadmill would say I burned 330 calories in 30 mins and my polar would read 270. I record my Polar cals. Also, MFP overestimates activity levels as well.
  • Debb76
    Debb76 Posts: 8
    Options
    Got my Polar FT7 about a month ago and love it.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ft7 user here too, this is an incredible and funny tool ! You just want to push yourself to see the calories burned going up !
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had an F11 for 5-6 years, once that quit, I got the FT40 and love it!! Been using it for 3-4 months now and would never go without a HRM. I think it's an invaluable tool for everyone looking to get healthy and change their lives:)
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    I got mine like a month ago and I love it. Also I have the fitbit but is better use it when you do cardio class or running etc.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7!