Pet peeve: I wish my gf/wife/etc. would pole dance!

Options
Bentley2718
Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
Nearly every time the topic of pole dancing comes up, guys feel the need to make comments like this one (and they all seem to think it's so original). It irritates me, it's as though they think every night is going to be like a night out at the strip club or something. No one says this to yoga (think about the karma sutra for a moment). Does anyone else have this reaction?

Also, as a little game, I'd like to come up with a list of reasons why you'd glad your gf/wife/etc. doesn't pole dance.

(1) You don't have to hear about handsprings, butterflies, ayeshas, etc. constantly.
(2) You don't have to worry about someone seeing the all those bruises and thinking you beat her.
(3) You probably already think your gf/wife/etc. owns too many pairs of really impractical shoes.

Replies

• lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I love it :) I hear this from males too, I always just laugh :-P I, personally, don't own many shoes - I have 5 inch heels for dancing but my husband thinks that's a perfectly legit use for shoes!
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    I don't usually dance in shoes, but I have worn stripper shoes to a formal ball (twice) because they were the most comfortable 4" heels I could find, and I needed my dress not to drag on the floor.
  • lindsy721
    Options
    See there's a practical use for them :)
  • polehero
    polehero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    how bout "i dont want my wife to do pole fitness so she wont ever make me jump on the pole and try all the crazy girl stuff they do , itll make you break your neck and turn gay " lol i love it when my man gets on it! it is absolutely hilarious !!!
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    how bout "i dont want my wife to do pole fitness so she wont ever make me jump on the pole and try all the crazy girl stuff they do , itll make you break your neck and turn gay " lol i love it when my man gets on it! it is absolutely hilarious !!!

Good one, although personally, I try to keep my husband off the pole as much as possible. I just feel discouraged when he does things like shoulder mounting the first time he tried (with no jump, leg swing, or monkey feet, no less) .
  • lindsy721
    Options
    My husband doesn't get on the pole, hehe. Not his thing. :-P
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Having a living room with no viewing or movement obstacle. Or a dining room table.
    You don't have to be berated for your awful pole photo skills and obsession with the zoom button.
    Your fantasy of pole dancing and having a hot significant other who pole danced just for you wouldn't be ruined.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Having a living room with no viewing or movement obstacle. Or a dining room table.
    You don't have to be berated for your awful pole photo skills and obsession with the zoom button.
    Your fantasy of pole dancing and having a hot significant other who pole danced just for you wouldn't be ruined.

Good ones!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Me: Our instructor reminded us if we ever do decide to pole dance naked, avoid the sit-based moves because... well, ALL skin grips.
    Friend: OW.
    Boyfriend: Who in their right mind would ever pole dance naked!?
    Friend: ... strippers?
    Boyfriend: Oh... oh yeah. Good point.

My boyfriend forgot that strippers exist. Hahahaha.
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Me: Our instructor reminded us if we ever do decide to pole dance naked, avoid the sit-based moves because... well, ALL skin grips.
    Friend: OW.
    Boyfriend: Who in their right mind would ever pole dance naked!?
    Friend: ... strippers?
    Boyfriend: Oh... oh yeah. Good point.

My boyfriend forgot that strippers exist. Hahahaha.

haha, brilliant!

I've had all sorts of comments from people when I tell them I do pole dancing... I've just learnt to laugh them off because unfortunately, there are too many people out there who are just too arrogant and narrow minded to actually see it for what it is and that's a freaking great work out!

My boyfriend gets a bit upset about it too, as he gets to see first hand all the blood sweat and tears that I put into practising... as well as when I make him go on it himself to see how hard it is! ;)
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    How about ....

"I don't want my wife pole dancing anymore, because she's now so strong she can actually pick me up and dump me in another room."

........................................ and I did.

;-)

Mavis
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Me: Our instructor reminded us if we ever do decide to pole dance naked, avoid the sit-based moves because... well, ALL skin

Ew. I wanna go clean my pole now.