Need some advise on how to up my calories please!

Options
celebrity328
celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
Short version - I been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last 11 months now and realized about a week ago this is a semi-starvation diet! with that being said I read up on it and realized my weight loss was associated with the effects of this etc. So I up my calories to 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000. Around 2000 seems to be my number.

I have been doing Keto for the last 55 days and before I started working I was at 1200 calories and lost weight. Now that Im way more active w/work the calories are now my real problem.

So my question to you is how can I add more calories to my diet w/out going over on the carbs! I upped my egg consumption to 5eggs/bacon a day but I have to force myself to over eat because I'm so under the limit :(! I smother meats in butter etc and what not but am currenlty out of ideas! so anything would be very helpful :)

Thanks!

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    essential fats in every meal.

cheese, heavy cream, coconut meat, coconut milk, avocados, olive oil, cheese and more cheese. Fish oil.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    nuts.

i just ate a cup for breakfast and its like 800 cals.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I bought some today :)! Got over 2000! Thanks for the advise!
  • marfmellows
    Options
    nuts.

i just ate a cup for breakfast and its like 800 cals.

Eating a cup of nuts is not recommended as one serving typically contains between 4-6g carbs. 1 cup is 4 servings of almost all nuts. They are also higher in omega 6s, which we try to avoid.
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts are soooo high in fat its ridiculous, a couple handfuls and your cal count will be soaring :)
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also, MORE important than the exact number of carbs.. I think is the RATIO of fat to carbs or net carbs. Macadamia nuts, although somewhat expensive have one of the highest FAT:CARB ratio's ive seen in an actual food (excluding oils like olive, coconut etc). about 22:4 or 44:3 (net)!!! amazing keto food IMO.
    As long as your not overeating your cals the carbs in those are guaranteed to never knock you out of ketosis. AND they're good monosaturated fats, I eat em almost every day!
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just upped my coconut oil. I have found I love it. I scramble my eggs with it, and 3 Tablespoons scrambled into 3 eggs makes them so yummy and creamy. I even lick my plate to make sure I get all my oil! LOL I will also drizzle extra on my salad with my coconut oil mayo, just to up my calories for the day. Its working for me!
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm buying macadamia nuts today! I've been eating almonds. They seem to be a good snack if eaten sparingly. I think they're only 2 net carbs per oz.
  • Marisalaneous1
    Options
    I find the Planter's "Healthy Nut" packs are pretty great ---200 calories for a mini bag of nuts (cashews, almonds, and macadamia) 18 g fat, 6 g protein, and 5g net carbs (8g carbs - 3g fiber). Do you guys do the net carb thing? I do sometimes if I know it's a beneficial item to my diet. Anyway! They sell a box of 8 for like $5 at Target ---good item to eat at least once a day! :smile:
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    If you're still looking for ways to up your calories, I like mayonnaise and I put it on whatever fits. It's almost pure fat and it tastes great on lots of things. A tablespoon is 90 calories with 10g of fat.
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    Options
    I recently started using Coconut Oil. I can't say enough about it. Its great whisked into coffee, for cooking and beating into your eggs. On top of all that it tastes GREAT!