The Planets - An HD Odyssey

Options
This is how much of a nerd I am. :)

http://www.wolftrap.org/Home/Find_Performances_and_Events/Performance/12Filene/0727show12.aspx

The music will be done by the NSO and the movie is lots of new images of things in space.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. :P

Replies

• RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! Did you buy lawn tickets? I totally want to go! I motion to make this a meet up! We can get there early and picnic :).

Oh and by the way I a big geek because I went to something like this but it was called something like "Play" and it was a live orchestra doing music from video games and some old cartoons. :D
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yup. I bought lawn tickets. $20 a piece. :D
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! Did you buy lawn tickets? I totally want to go! I motion to make this a meet up! We can get there early and picnic :).

Oh and by the way I a big geek because I went to something like this but it was called something like "Play" and it was a live orchestra doing music from video games and some old cartoons. :D

Oh, I wanted to go to Play but it totally slipped my mind and I missed it. How was it?

I'd love to do this. It sounds really interesting.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options

Oh and by the way I am a big geek because I went to something like this but it was called something like "Play" and it was a live orchestra doing music from video games and some old cartoons. :D

Oh, I wanted to go to Play but it totally slipped my mind and I missed it. How was it?

I'd love to do this. It sounds really interesting.

I went years ago but it was AWESOME! So neat to hear the WoW music played by a live orchestra (I was really big into WoW back then, two years sober from World of Warcrack) :p. I would go again in the future.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    Yup. I bought lawn tickets. $20 a piece. :D

I am totally in for this. :D I just bought my ticket!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    http://www.wolftrap.org/Home/Find_Performances_and_Events/Performance/12Filene/0726show12.aspx

That is the night before.. I seriously think I am going to go to this as well.. /geeking out/ >_< Wolf Trap two nights in a row? I can do it :).
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    Yeay!!!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    Hey skinnybearlyndsay, it is looking like it is going to be just you and me going to this (at least from this group). Shall I message you to work out details?
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    This looks really cool! I am not sure why I missed this thread. I mean I saw it was here but never actually looked at it.

Edit: Hahaha, I went to go see Video Games Live at Strathmore about a year ago. http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I went years ago but it was AWESOME! So neat to hear the WoW music played by a live orchestra (I was really big into WoW back then, two years sober from World of Warcrack) :p. I would go again in the future.

WoW music is EPIC when it is played live by an orchestra. I played pretty seriously for about the first 3 years of WoW. I quit but have come back recently. I'm playing very casually now though. It's not the same game as it used to be.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    I think it's myself, GFreg,, and you. Plus my date. :blushing:
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Am I banned from coming, Lyndsay?
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    You can come if you want. But you have to buy your own ticket. :tongue:

You'd meet him eventually...why not at my inner geek's fantasy? :laugh:
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    thanks for sharing! not only am i just, in general, a huge nerd but also i'm a MUSIC nerd (have my degree in music) so this is AWESOME!

I've decided to play WoW "casually" as GFreg puts it... it sucked me in and i spent WAY too much time there -- now i visit a day a week if that. I know as soon as i pick it back up again, i'll be re-addicted so... :)

Anyway, thanks for sharing! it's awesome and i'm thinking I might go! :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    thanks for sharing! not only am i just, in general, a huge nerd but also i'm a MUSIC nerd (have my degree in music) so this is AWESOME!

That's cool!!! I thought about getting my degree in music, but math & science called my name. :)
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    That's cool!!! I thought about getting my degree in music, but math & science called my name. :)

when i started my degree, i was a going for a math degree -- but then i had 3 full semesters where i didn't see a single number and then a professor who told me i wouldn't make it because i was a woman....

so eventually i realized it wasn't where my passion was anymore and i switched. :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    I played WoW for about 6 or 7 years give or take. It consumed my life. I haven't had the net at my house for almost a year but now that I am looking at getting the net again I am considering re-rolling and casually leveling or something. We shall see. :)

So glad more people are coming! I was thinking or bringing some wine and some fruit to share. Anyone else want to bring stuff for a pre-show picnic? ^_^
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    Options
    I might bake some healthy cookies. And wine is definitely in order. :)
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This looks SO COOL! I may have to go!!! I love things like this. :)

Also, I never played WoW but I was a gigantic Final-Fantasy-11-er for two years. Like others, I had to quit because it was starting to consume my life!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    My ticket arrived! :D so ready for this ^_^. I think I'll bring a nice white wine or two. Not so good at picking out reds so you will have to forgive me for that.