Bought a Bodymedia Fit

Options
2»

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    How much do they charge monthly for BMF? I was thinking of getting a FitBit, because of the monthly fee. I have only just started looking into it, because I want more accurate information on what my numbers are.

The fee is $6.95. They did have a special where you could buy the regular one for $99 and have one year free subscription. You just would have to plug it in to see your numbers or buy a display (watch).
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There is also a guy on ebay selling codes for the one year subscription for $32. He bought a bunch that he rents out to personal training clients and doesn't use the individual subscription.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There is also a guy on ebay selling codes for the one year subscription for $32. He bought a bunch that he rents out to personal training clients and doesn't use the individual subscription.

Thanks for this tip! I've had my BMF for 2 years, but wasn't using it. Just a week or so ago, I signed up for the monthly membership. I'm going to buy the yearly code and then use that. Looks like you can get it for $20, if you wait to bid at the end of the auction. You can't beat that!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

For those who don't like paying a monthly fee for their BMF..... go search for the group "Freebugg and other Bodybugg hacks" on Facebook...... request to be added and take it from there....

:wink:
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Motorola Xprt. Firmware is only 2.2 tho
  • terrigrace
    Options
    Well, I'm actually getting excited! My BMF is at the sorting facility and on it's way to my local post office for delivery tomorrow. Yahoo! Crazy, the little things that I can get excited about. Maybe this will give me a little more motivation to get moving this week.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I bid on one on ebay but I doubt I will get it.
  • terrigrace
    Options
    Good luck Heidi! i actually just did the "buy it now" option . . . I hate waiting for the auctions to end and then being so darned disappointed.
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for you!!! I'm so in love with mine and it hasn't been a week.

I will say that so far, I'm moving a lot more than I thought and my sleeping patterns suck. However, this could be because the device is 'learning' me or I'm just a really bad sleeper.

I may take one day and slip the device into my bra like you mentioned and see if that gives the same results.

My husband is rather enamored with the level of detail this little bugger puts out.

BTW, he said he got it on Amazon for about $50 less than buying it directly through the BodyMedia site.
  • Gizziemoto
    Options
    I stopped buying on Ebay. I got scammed big time and it messed up my credit card for months. I actually discovered that the seller was using multiple email ID's and told them. Still had to fight with them and pay pal to get all my money back.

Now I am afraid to use Ebay and would rather deal with amazon or original websites. Might cost more but I learned a lesson the hard way.

I just did a 3 nutriton assessment and found out that I am now averaging 1900 calories per day and burning over 2100. A month shows averat of 1701 consumed and over 2100 burned. I was at 1100 (Been ill) now got to work on getting back down to 1700. 1600 - 1700 consumed is my magic number.
  • terrigrace
    Options
    I stopped buying on Ebay. I got scammed big time and it messed up my credit card for months. I actually discovered that the seller was using multiple email ID's and told them. Still had to fight with them and pay pal to get all my money back.

Now I am afraid to use Ebay and would rather deal with amazon or original websites. Might cost more but I learned a lesson the hard way.

I just did a 3 nutriton assessment and found out that I am now averaging 1900 calories per day and burning over 2100. A month shows averat of 1701 consumed and over 2100 burned. I was at 1100 (Been ill) now got to work on getting back down to 1700. 1600 - 1700 consumed is my magic number.

That's awful, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't use EBAY nearly as much as I used to, I too prefer Amazon. Their customer service is awesome, especially if you end up with a bum deal. I have had a Paypal account for 10 years now, they've been great too. The one time I had trouble with Ebay, paypal gave me a refund. Definitely make sure you have buyer's protection whenever you make purchases! Whats a 3 nutritional assessment? Sounds very interesting.
  • Gizziemoto
    Options
    You track your food and sync your armband for three days and this is what you get basically. I could not get the screen to post but here is some of the basic information.

Your daily average 1912
    calories per day Assessment Results
    Based on the meals you logged, you consume an average of 1912 calories per day.

At which meal do you eat the most calories? Breakfast

Assessment Weight Calculator
    Use this helpful tool to learn how many calories you need to burn in order to maintain or lose weight*

*NOTE: Clinical studies have shown that restricting intake is an effective way to lose weight. In order to achieve a daily deficit, you should consider consuming less instead of just increasing your daily burn.
    1912CONSUMED

We do not encourage consuming less than 1000 calories per day.

Many people underestimate the portion size and/or ingredients in their food. We suggest adding 10% to the average consume value to account for this common issue. 2412BURNED

I want to maintain my weight I want to lose 0.5 lb per week I want to lose 1.0 lb per week I want to lose 1.5 lbs per week I want to lose 2.0 lbs per week
    Burning this many calories daily will create a 500 calorie deficit. This deficit equates to a weight loss of about 1 pounds per week.

Set these numbers as my new targets
  • Gizziemoto
    Options
    You track your food and sync your armband for three days and this is what you get basically. I could not get the screen to post but here is some of the basic information.

Your daily average 1912
    calories per day Assessment Results
    Based on the meals you logged, you consume an average of 1912 calories per day.

At which meal do you eat the most calories? Breakfast

2412 is my average burn for three days.

Assessment Weight Calculator
    Use this helpful tool to learn how many calories you need to burn in order to maintain or lose weight*

*NOTE: Clinical studies have shown that restricting intake is an effective way to lose weight. In order to achieve a daily deficit, you should consider consuming less instead of just increasing your daily burn.
    1912CONSUMED

We do not encourage consuming less than 1000 calories per day.

Many people underestimate the portion size and/or ingredients in their food. We suggest adding 10% to the average consume value to account for this common issue. 2412BURNED

I want to maintain my weight I want to lose 0.5 lb per week I want to lose 1.0 lb per week I want to lose 1.5 lbs per week I want to lose 2.0 lbs per week
    Burning this many calories daily will create a 500 calorie deficit. This deficit equates to a weight loss of about 1 pounds per week.

Set these numbers as my new targets