Anyone signed up for an "official" 5K run?

Options
I just signed up for a 5K in my neighborhood on Sept. 8. I'll be finished the 9 week training by then so I should be good to go. I also have a 10K penciled in on my calendar on Nov. 4.

Anyone else have a 5K date circled on their calendar?

Replies

• TJDoddHise
    TJDoddHise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just registered today for my first 5K on July 7th in OKC. I won't be done with the C25K, but will likely be walking this one. I am registering for a Dirty Girl Mud Run in Dallas in October 2012, and the Run For Your Lives Zombie Run in Austin in December 2012. SO excited!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    HOw fun!! I havnt yet guess I should get looking for one to do in 9weeks when I complete c25k that way I cant back out lol. Im gonna get on that right now to help hold myself accountable to this program!!
  • scrapping_jess
    scrapping_jess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I looking at this one on 9/16( http://jogforjillgonzaga.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1023076 ) There really isn't a lot going on in our city, and we would like to do a fun one like the color run, or dirty dash. We also have a 10k circled on our calendar in May of next year.
  • Fit_at_fifty_
    Fit_at_fifty_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    doing 5k on 15th july its the race for life , im currently running 3x a week and doing the 5k in about 25mins
  • kelsafish
    kelsafish Posts: 39
    Options
    Susan G Komen Race for The Cure in Oct :)
  • amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll have to look into that Dirty Girl Mud Run mentioned above. There's a 5k in Arlington right around the time I'd be done with C25K I was considering.
  • drotarthebarbarian
    drotarthebarbarian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I signed up today for the Cincinnati Zoo Cheetah Run 5K on September 2. I think if all goes well, I will do the Run Like Hello 5K in my 35th birthday in October. Great way to spend a milestone: celebrating getting into the best shape of my life :-).
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    doing 5k on 15th july its the race for life , im currently running 3x a week and doing the 5k in about 25mins

Wow! You're a pro at the 5K! That sounds like a really good pace.
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    Options
    I signed up today for the Cincinnati Zoo Cheetah Run 5K on September 2. I think if all goes well, I will do the Run Like Hello 5K in my 35th birthday in October. Great way to spend a milestone: celebrating getting into the best shape of my life :-).

Running on your birthday is a great idea! That 10K I have penciled in on my calendar is during my birthday month so I'm going to count that as a birthday run. Thanks for the good idea!
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    Options
    HOw fun!! I havnt yet guess I should get looking for one to do in 9weeks when I complete c25k that way I cant back out lol. Im gonna get on that right now to help hold myself accountable to this program!!

Let us know when you find one!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I guess I'm attempting one on July 4th lol pretty sure I wont be able to run the whole way but my mom asked me to do it with her its by the beach in the early am so it should be cool, im pretty excited that will be smack dab in the middle of my 3rd week with c25k so I should be able to at least speed walk/jog it :-) Hoping to finish in.. well just hoping to finish lol
  • leanne5025
    leanne5025 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a local 5k the morning of July 4th. I've never run that distance before so I'm just hoping to run most of it with some walking rest times in between. I just want to finish and not take TOO long, lol. I'm excited and nervous, but I think I'll do ok.

I'm also thinking of doing a Merrel Down and Dirty Mudrun in Folsom CA in October. It's a 5k too but has obstacles and MUD! Sounds like a lot of fun!!
  • heatherambrosia
    Options
    I'm so excited... I have a 5K on the 21st of this month, the 25th of August and after the first 5K I'm going to start training for a mini triathlon in October. (250 yard swim, 9 mile bike and 2 mile run). Running was the only thing that scared me, but having just finished my 9 week c25K and having another 3 months, I feel really confident about it!

I have friends running with me on the 21st and the one in August is put on by my company, so all the people who saw me being a volunteer for the last 4 years will be surprised to see me running it!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the Firefly Run in Atlanta in October.
  • itszen4me
    itszen4me Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm signed up for the Orlando Color Run 5K in December and the Disney Family 5K in January :) My hubby, who started when I did but is wayyyyyy better at anything athletic, is doing the Disney half marathon in Jan.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I actually just signed up yesterday for The Color Run in Cincinnati on October 6th. If I stay on track, I should graduate C25K 5 weeks before the actual race, so I will have a little over a month of 5k runs by race day in October. SO EXCITED!!!
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    I just signed up for the Reggae Run in Cleveland on August 12. I'll be one week shy of finishing C25K at that point, but it seems like a pretty chill event, so I'm not super concerned about pacing and such. My goal is simply to run the whole thing. :smile: