Confession time...

Options
txsgirlK
txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
The first 3 days I did modified jumping jacks, even though she said no! Well today was day 4 and I not only did regular jumping jacks, I did ALMOST all of them, lol!

Anyone else have any confessions to make? It's good for the soul, lol!

Replies

• mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm using 5 lb. weights, so I only do one arm at a time with the anterior raises/side lunges. I also substitute tricep kick-backs for the chest flies sometimes. :) I figured as long as I'm moving...
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm doing modified pushups (on my kitchen counters) and sometimes do skipping rope (one foot at a time) rather than jumping rope... I just try to keep moving, like mmancini73 said. :happy:
  • txsgirlK
    Options
    I was doing wall push ups but tomorrow will move to the counter. My wrists just aren't strong yet. I also skip rope one foot at a time. I guess I had more confessions than I thought I did, lol. :blushing:
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have osteoarthritis in one knee and we think I might have issues with muscles or tendons (waiting on a MRI to find out) so for some excercises involving knee work that hurts me I will do cardio rows/punches instead.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do the wall push-ups, I feel like it's better to do all the reps that way (and feel some serious burn) than just do one or two girlie push-ups on the floor and then just lay there! Also, for some reason I am always so out of breath and slightly dizzy when it gets to the second set of squat/punching so I end up sitting down and punching, but then I can get up and finish the rest of the workout. I have to be careful because when I get too hot I pass out fairly easily, so when I start getting dizzy/nauseous I have to sit down just 30 seconds or so.
  • txsgirlK
    Options
    All of you are awesome! At least we are up there trying our best! You go girls!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm doing modified pushups (on my kitchen counters) and sometimes do skipping rope (one foot at a time) rather than jumping rope... I just try to keep moving, like mmancini73 said. :happy:
    I do the skipping rope sometimes too... but so does Anita on the video if you pay attention to her feet!!! :smile: It's still cardio.
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    So glad to read this! I also do the skipping rope - LOL. Glad I'm not alone :laugh:
  • txsgirlK
    Options
    Lol, that was what I had hoped would happen. That people would realize it's ok to take a little break or modify things a little until you get stronger. We aren't all Natalie's or Jillian's.....YET!

Keep working it girls! We can do this! :drinker:
  • drgoodtimes
    Options
    I do some of the punches and arm movements slower. I blame it on being 6 feet tall and not able to move my longer limbs as quickly as someone with shorter limbs, but I know the real deal. Maybe soon I'll be as fast as them. (and Natalie looks pretty tall too, so I'm sure my theory is shot!)