Are you sloppy too?

Options
Jenvan78
Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
I feel so sloppy doing these workouts LOL. I did fit test and day one and supposed to do day 2 today. I feel like I flop all over the place. I also poop out on the dang squats pretty fast...anyone else? What exercises do you struggle with...all that jumping really kicks my butt but I just keep going even if I have to do it at a snails pace.

Replies

• SharYoung0831
    Options
    Don't get sloppy, keep your form! It's all about form, the speed and agility will come with it in time. My upper body strength is crap, I can do squats all day long, but you ask me to do a few pushups, I'm DEAD! The V pushups and the moving pushups are the hardest for me. Keep your form even if you go a little slower! You have to work those muscles right!
  • MrDel
    MrDel Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't get sloppy, keep your form! It's all about form, the speed and agility will come with it in time. My upper body strength is crap, I can do squats all day long, but you ask me to do a few pushups, I'm DEAD! The V pushups and the moving pushups are the hardest for me. Keep your form even if you go a little slower! You have to work those muscles right!

What she said. A lot of these moves are going to be really tough during the first few weeks.
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Form over speed. However, even when I concentrate on my form and don't go too quickly I often feel very ungraceful haha. It takes time to get the form just right. So if that's what you mean by "sloppy" then I agree. I work really hard on my form but a lot of these moves I'm just learning. If only we could be as fluid as the people on the video. Maybe in 60 days we will be! :) I am about to start my last day of week 1 and I already feel like I have better form with some of the moves. Even though I still struggle terribly with a lot of them.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

^ This. That said, I have no cordination or natural athletic ability. I'm sure on many of the exercises, even when focusing on form, I still look like a mess!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There are some I do absolutely horribly but I am proud of the ones I knock out of the park :) I used to hate squats, I dont do too bad now and my speed is getting up there. If i need to break I break but get right back to it. Like everyone else said ... focus on form, it's ok to get behind on Shaun Tand his crew, in time you'll be right in there with them.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i felt sloppy too but hella getting into it now. I can do squats very well i run ALOT do my legs r good. Tell me to do push up, I fall to the ground after planking for a couple of seconds
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    There are some I do absolutely horribly but I am proud of the ones I knock out of the park :) I used to hate squats, I dont do too bad now and my speed is getting up there. If i need to break I break but get right back to it. Like everyone else said ... focus on form, it's ok to get behind on Shaun Tand his crew, in time you'll be right in there with them.

This is me, some of them I'm great with, others I'm like... wait, WHAT am I supposed to be doing again?!! I figure I will get it though, I love how he repeats stuff a lot.
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am so glad Angel and others are posting honestly...My fittest showed numbers for jacks kicks and knees but as soon as we hit arms I couldn't get into double digits....but I mostly dance and there is very little arm work involved in my genre outside of ribbons, flags and props :) Still gonna get er done though! Form is the key!
  • hope1220
    hope1220 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one who feels that way. I feel a mess when doing the workouts im only on day 2 but its very intense. I have to take breaks and I am awful at push ups and the jumps. My knees hurt the worst!!!!!!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said before me..... Form form form..... I have a hard time to keep up too (Oh god, so much)... but I keep the form and do what I can. That's the way to build the muscles the right way and not get injured.....I always do a bit more each time and that's the point and goal. You do what you can, but the right way.
    If you feel you're floppy, STOP! take a break and come back strong :wink:

Keep it up

Take care