Got my NROLFW book today!

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
I've been debating doing this for a while now but I just ran a marathon 3.5 weeks ago so I had to focus on my training for that first. But now I have a copy of the book in my hands and am a couple chapters into it already. I'm not going to follow it 100% because I'm running another marathon in about 10 weeks, but this marathon is different, I'm doing it as a pacer for my mom who is running her first marathon and I'll be running MUCH slower than my normal pace. As I'm already "trained" for the mileage having just come off my own marathon, I'm just running 4-5 days a week at a slow pace to get used to running what her marathon pace will be with a long (2.5-3 hour) run on the weekends.

So I will still be doing more than my fair share of endurance cardio but seeing as how the runs are super, super easy for me at the slow pace I hope I can follow the NROLFW workouts and make some strength gains at the same time.

I guess this is my "hi, how are you?" introduction. I'll probably be on this board a bit more especially as I get started with the workouts and maybe having questions. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are going to love it! I am hooked!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have an enormous amount of admiration for anyone who can run a marathon. I hope you enjoy lifting!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have an enormous amount of admiration for anyone who can run a marathon. I hope you enjoy lifting!

Thanks, it was marathon #5 for me so I definitely fall into the obsessed marathon-runner category, I think.

I do lift, some...in fact the more lifting I've done the better my running has gotten. I worked with a personal trainer at my gym this January/February and she had me doing some pretty heavy lifting and I ran my best time ever in my marathon this past month. So I'm excited to see what ramping it up by following NROLFW will do for me. I'm gonna be one of those skinny runners who can lift up supremely heavy stuff. :)
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded mine to my kindle today! I read a few pages and I am hooked! :)