Motivational Quotes

Options
Share them :smile: :smile: !!

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Replies

• imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    photo6.jpg
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    my MOST FAVORITE one that someone shared with me during my time of despair:

"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." -Thomas Edison. I literally remind myself of this OFTEN.
  • Mgeyser17
    Mgeyser17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't Quit
    by: Unknown Author

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
    When care is pressing you down a bit.
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is queer with its twists and turns
    As every one of us sometimes learns.
    And many a failure turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out:
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.
    Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
    And you never can tell how close you are.
    It may be near when it seems so far:
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit
  • Mgeyser17
    Mgeyser17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Follow Your Dream
    by: Amanda Bradley

Follow your dream.
    Take one step at a time and don't settle for less,
    Just continue to climb.
    Follow your dream.
    If you stumble, don't stop and lose sight of your goal
    Press to the top.
    For only on top can we see the whole view,
    Can we see what we've done and what we can do;
    Can we then have the vision to seek something new,
    Press on.
    Follow your dream.
  • imondrugz
    Options
    keep them coming guys :love: :love: !!
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    my MOST FAVORITE one that someone shared with me during my time of despair:

"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." -Thomas Edison. I literally remind myself of this OFTEN.

Love this one...it's so true!
  • syombua
    syombua Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined and started using this app. Am loving it so far and can use all the motivation out there. I can do it!!!!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

spotted on Pinterest....
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Just joined and started using this app. Am loving it so far and can use all the motivation out there. I can do it!!!!

welcome to MFP and thats great you are doing this, im not sure i could have when i started, And yes you can do it :)
  • imondrugz
    Options

welcome to MFP and thats great you are doing this, im not sure i could have when i started, And yes you can do it :)

Well said :) we're blessed to have amazing people in this group !!
  • Ladysummers
    Ladysummers Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group,A quote I live my life by is "all things are possibly if you truly believe",hope you like it.
  • prairiewalker
    Options
    "Exercise doesn't take time out of your life..
    It puts life into your time"

found on Pinterest by
    FitTipDaily.com
  • TammyLHaley
    TammyLHaley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is time for everything.
    Thomas A. Edison

:wink:
  • prairiewalker
    Options

Thank you for posting this...

I saw Nick's other video (below) long ago and had completely forgotten his message and him...thank you for reminding me..

The video below also mentions the website (attitudeisaltitude.com) where you can purchase a full length inspirational video for school groups, etc. As Nick so eloquently says, "..it matters how you're gonna finish.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=zOzsjEmjjHs

PS
    I was able to go to the link by highlighting the link and then right clicking and choosing go to address...then clicked "back" to return to MPL after video finished...
  • susieq3604
    susieq3604 Posts: 13
    Options
    Share them :smile: :smile: !!

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Love this! :happy:
  • prairiewalker
    Options
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."

_John Lennon
  • susieq3604
    susieq3604 Posts: 13
    Options
    Not sure who the authors are but love these-

The scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it. It can not measure beauty, health, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love.

Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • imondrugz
    Options
    "obsession is what lazy people call dedication"
  • NycoleML
    NycoleML Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "obsession is what lazy people call dedication"

Touche'!! I love this!!