starting July 9th 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• SharYoung0831
    Options
    I have a question! I scuba dive a lot, and that takes a LOT of endurance (carrying a big *kitten* tank and all your equipment and then swimming forever haha) Should I do my insanity on those days? Maybe just do them after my dives so I'm not as sore?
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was able to push through my 4th day (the cardio recovery). It was tough! My quads were aching but once I got them stretched out in the warmup, I felt much better! And the cardio recovery, though not easy, was kind of relaxing compared to the last two days.

Totally agree! I thought my quads were gonna explode at one point :) But I was very impressed at my control and balance... didnt know I had it in me
  • missjewl
    Options
    I have a question! I scuba dive a lot, and that takes a LOT of endurance (carrying a big *kitten* tank and all your equipment and then swimming forever haha) Should I do my insanity on those days? Maybe just do them after my dives so I'm not as sore?

In my opinion, if you want to do both just make sure you balance your caloric intake to cover the extra burn so you keep up your energy.
  • missjewl
    Options
    Not sure how you all are feeling... but i just finished day 4 (including fit test day) and i am feeling tighter and stronger already. If it's like this is at the beginning I cant wait to see my final results!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just started also. Today is day 3 for me.
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    Just finished day 4...and I'm JELLY I am so wobbly and tired lol May actually need a nap...drinking as much water as I can and having tuna for lunch haha
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you all are feeling... but i just finished day 4 (including fit test day) and i am feeling tighter and stronger already. If it's like this is at the beginning I cant wait to see my final results!

Totally agree! I wake up everyday feeling like I've built a little more muscle than I had before. Though today's workout was the first one I felt like I was dragging near the end. Not just tired, either. It's possible I need to up my calories a bit to keep up. I will be glad for the break tomorrow. But I'm pumped to start week 2 and do even better! :)
  • jeffsalyer
    jeffsalyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Totally agree! I wake up everyday feeling like I've built a little more muscle than I had before. Though today's workout was the first one I felt like I was dragging near the end. Not just tired, either. It's possible I need to up my calories a bit to keep up. I will be glad for the break tomorrow. But I'm pumped to start week 2 and do even better! :)

It's hard for me to work out in the mornings because my food levels aren't there to sustain the workout. I usually go in the afternoon when I've had a good breakfast and lunch and then a protein/carb snack about 30 minutes before. Just my method for making it through the whole workout. I've been getting some really good burns.
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options

It's hard for me to work out in the mornings because my food levels aren't there to sustain the workout. I usually go in the afternoon when I've had a good breakfast and lunch and then a protein/carb snack about 30 minutes before. Just my method for making it through the whole workout. I've been getting some really good burns.

That makes sense. I had been working out in the afternoon and switched to the morning today. I thought that may have been why I didn't have quite as much energy today.
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    I typically eat about an hour before my workouts, have something high in protein. Day 5 I feel GREAT not as sore as I have been in the past, tried to push myself a little more on the pushups. Pure Cardio was fun
  • missjewl
    Options
    I dont really have a choice to when I workout. I have to work M-F 2pm -10pm, and the way they run me at work I just cant bring myself to come home and workout at 10:30pm. So, I try my hardest to get up as early as possible in the day, with the kids outta school i find it rather hard though so it's squeeze it in and go!
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    How is everyone doing as we head into week 2 with full force?? I hope everyone feels as energized and happy as I do!
  • chamusic357
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started Insanity on July 7th. Only have 3 days until recovery week :) Month one has brought about some pretty good results: Seeing some muscle gain and definition , noticable fat loss in abdominal area, and workouts are "easier" (they still kick my butt though:).

Can't wait for the Max workouts in Month 2! I hear they're ridiculous... in an Insane, body transformation, push yourself harder than you ever have before kinda way.

Hope that everyone's Insanity training is going well. Would love to hear your progress :)