1 week into cut and nothing, nada, zilch

Options
caseyj6206
caseyj6206 Posts: 20 Member
I did a TDEE reset for 6 weeks. Did a 10% cut for 3 days after TDEE, now I've been at a 15% cut for a week. There has been NO improvement. No feeling thinner, no looking thinner, no weighing less. My measurements and weight have actually gone UP!!! I should be seeing results by now and I'm really losing my cool. I've been trying to be patient, I've been doing my best.

Should I try increasing my calorie intake or do I decrease it? Something's gotta give at some point!

Replies

• juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same exact boat.

started cut on 7/1. TDEE is 2150 (according to fitbit), first cut to 1900 for a week. now this week i'm at 1850.

i'm eating the same foods that i was eating before the cut. pretty much just replaced the milk in my protein shakes with water. but now i feel more bloated and crappy than before i cut. i have no idea what's going on and i'm fighting all temptation to drop to 1750-1800.
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 2 of a cut. Last week I gained b/c I upped strength training. Now that my muscles have calmed, I had a .5lb loss. Remember that EM2WL is a slow and steady wins the race and not an immediate gratification thing. I also had to double check my logged exercise to make sure I was guesstimating my time working out correctly and I've recently bought a heart rate monitor to mor accurately track calories burned. But it takes time. Don't give up!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    its been ONLY a week! give it time!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I did a TDEE reset for 6 weeks. Did a 10% cut for 3 days after TDEE, now I've been at a 15% cut for a week. There has been NO improvement. No feeling thinner, no looking thinner, no weighing less. My measurements and weight have actually gone UP!!! I should be seeing results by now and I'm really losing my cool. I've been trying to be patient, I've been doing my best.

Should I try increasing my calorie intake or do I decrease it? Something's gotta give at some point!

Honestly, its been a little over a week. This is not a quick loss program. If you are expecting huge drops in weight after doing the cut, then I think you will be sorely mistaken. This is not something that "fixes" our bodies so that we lose the weight quickly again. This is setting you up for life to eat!
    Again, its just over a week. Your body is stil adjusting. Take a good look at your tracker. Are you high in sodium? are you eating close to your macros? Are your TDEE numbers correct? Are you drinking your water? IS TOM on the way? Have you started lifting?
    Any or all of these things can impact the scale. Depending on how many pounds you have left to lose can also play a factor. If you are working on the last 10 or so, you might find weight loss in incredibly slow.

Put the scale away for a few weeks. concentrate on eat at your cut and then check back on things. If after that time nothing has changed, then you would want to look closer at things..But give yourself a break! You only cut a week ago! As much as we all want to see things immediately change, its not the case..have faith that this is the way for you.. give it time.. just like you gave it time as reset.
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    its been ONLY a week! give it time!!

^^^^^^^
    this
  • caseyj6206
    caseyj6206 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies... I needed a good vent after reading all the success stories on the "after TDEE" stickie. I want to be one of the people who loses 5 inches and all the gained weight after a week though! It isn't fair! What trips me up is that I haven't changed a thing during this time.. just cut the calories and kept my exercise routine the same and I am now 20 pounds from goal instead of 15 and several inches farther away.

OK, time to stop acting like a baby.

If I can gain 6 pounds during reset without crying I guess I can sustain that during my cut for a while. I wasn't really expecting quick results. If I was a person who always got quick results with her weight, I wouldn't be part of EM2WL.

I'm going to breathe and I'm going to TRY to be patient. The more I stress about it the more I'll hold on to the fat suit.

Thanks for all the support and when I do (finally) make some progress I'll spend as much time jabbering on about that as I do about complaining, promise.
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    That's OK vent away.....that's what we are here for. But I promise if you stay on track with your calories and exercise you *will* see progress........slow and steady wins the race remember! Stay cool! :glasses: