The Passing of the Hat

Options
cbeutler
cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
The tradition of the passing of the Hat.

The Poo bah himself selected the Hat constructed from the finest fur of of a wild trapped Cookie Monster run down and captured by hand so as not to mar its fur. In an archaic ritual as old as time the fur was sanctified, blessed by the brothers in sacred cigar smoke and consecrated with the ritual squash tended only by blind monks so they could not know the squashes ultimate purpose.

The Hat is passed from member to member of the Royal Order Of Middle Aged Fat Men upon the sole judgement of the hats current holder. Usually to mark some significant achievement or service in the eyes of the current holder.

The history of the Hat is lost, and I will not speak about how the Hat came into my possession.

From me the Hat was passed to brother Boggsmeister for achieving the weight of 300 lbs upon the same day as I did.

Brother Boggs after adding a ritual stole to the official uniform chose brother Tony to receive the Hat next for reasons which neither Brother has chosen to reveal (as is their right).

Brother Tony has chosen to pass the Hat to Brother Scott at this time.

I am posting this history so that the Legend of the Hat May be preserved for all time.

Please join me in Congratulating Brother Scott. Who knows where or when he will choose to pass the hat on.

Be warned though there are those out there who seek to collect the Brothers of the Royal Order Of Middle Aged Fat Men some seek to have a complete collection of Brothers in Regalia for their friends list. Each Brother is warned to choose his new friends wisely. For the good of the Order.

Hail Scott! Brother and holder of the hat.

Replies

• scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am so proud to be chosen by Tony to receive the hat. I will cherish and guard the hat as long as it is in my possession. I will be passing it on to Hoss since he is our current almighty Poo bah. Long live the hat!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    All Hail Scott Possesser of the Hat, You Have uses wisdom and sound judgement in your choice.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    All hail the hat! I am humbled to be chosen by brother Scott to be the next in line to fulfill the consecrated ritual. I will endeavor to bring all honor to the Royal Order of Middle Aged Fat Men.

As it is passed to me, I shall forward it to the next in line.
    As a token of respect to one of the hardest workers I know, who is also falsely accused of having a poor temperament, I will be passing it along to OneMeanMan.

I have complete confidence that Jeff will serve to bring even greater honor to the fabled tale. He will be the next name on the list of the the horned glory that is representative of the Royal Order and all we hold dear.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Salute! Well done Scott, use your powers wisely
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You guys are all great and so is this group. All hail!
  • stljpascoe
    stljpascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    dont really now whats going on , but all hail !!!!!
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hail Onemeanman! Also, congrats guys on the honor!
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All Hail Brother Jeff!! May the powers of the Hat bring you strength and endurance as you fight to make your goal!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I figured I would post my Hat pic here since I do not always have it up in MFP

7599270476_74233c1f84.jpg
    Royal.jpg by railr0ader, on Flickr
  • wil9
    wil9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All Hail the power of the hat.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I salute thee Brother!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Hail Jeff, may he use wisdom and honor in his choices
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    All hail!

Hey...can we have a secret hand shake?
    I love secret hand shakes...
  • teejayjancik
    Options
    I actally posted this to my MFP page already but also thought that I would post it here as well for members of the order:

Hear ye, Hear ye Hear ye! Let it be announced to all friends of Ye Olde Loyal Order of Middle Aged Fat Men that I teejayjancik a lowly member of the Loyal Order of Middle Aged Fat Men have had the highest honor bestowed upon me that a member of our order can recieve! The official passing of The Hat! (I actually have had for over a couple of weeks but this was the first chance that I have to snap a picture). I promise as the wearer of The Hat to uphold it's fine tradition and to proctect the sacredness of this most esteemed honor! ALL HAIL THE HAT!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    AllHail the Hat!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    AHTH!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    AHTH
  • teejayjancik
    Options
    Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye!! Today is a momentous day for all members of the Loyal Order Of Middle Aged Fat Men. Today my reign as the official holder of The Hat ends and another outstanding member will take my place. As is my duty as the official holder of The Hat, I have deemed my worthy successor to be........Brother Mark(MLKLAMAN). Brother Mark has down an outstanding job is his weight loss journey as well as being a supoortive inspiration to his brothers of The Order. Plus he (and his wife of course) are expecting a baby!! A momumental task as he approaches the magic age of 40. Gentlemen, please join me in congratulating Brother Mark on this most auspicious honor!! All Hail Brother Mark!! All Hail The Hat!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    All Hail Mark, All Hail The Hat
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All hail the hat!!