B-Level/Direct to DVD/Made for tv horror movies?

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
What are some of your favorite B-Level/Direct to DVD/Made for tv horror movies?

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus
Megalodon
Feast
Freakshow
Zombie Diaries
Zombie Apocalypse
Mega Piranha (gotta love films by The Asylum)
8213: Gacy House
Paranormal Entity

dammit now im drawing a blank and I have a TON I was gonna list, I know more often than not they're cheesy as hell but they're fun to watch for the most part. Some are actually better than most theatrical releases though

Replies

• LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sharktopus!!!!!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Feast sloppy seconds - cracked me the hell up!
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    Troma puts out some classic, ultra low budget fun. It doesn't appeal to everybody though.

As for B movies, I've been watching some of the old Vincent Price movies lately. Masque of the Red Death, The Raven, Theater of Blood, etc. All very entertaining if you like VIncent Price and his hamminess. He could read the ingredients off of a cereal box and make it entertaining.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I should be able to list tons as well but am drawing a small blank as well but....

Thankskilling is just pure awesomeness and will second any Troma films including Poultrygeist.

Didn't love but enjoyed Beast of Bray Road, Mountaintop Motel Massacre, Humanoids from the Deep, Evil Weed.
    Loved One Eyed Monster, The Stuff, The Baby, Mom, Assault of the Sasquatch, Dark Remains, Witchboard, Mega Snake.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hobo with a Shotgun

Technically Evil Dead and Army of Darkness are B-Level

Feast
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    I stumbled across this movie on the SyFy channel once called "Dread." It has Jackson Rathbone in it, whom some of you may recognize from Twilight fame... anyhow, I didn't expect it to be any good because it seems like I'm never impressed with much of what SyFy does these days, but low and behold, it actually really held its own! A tight script and a particularly perverse and sadistic antagonist really make this movie a fantastically unpleasant experience :) The final scene of the movie, right before it goes to credits... it will make your stomach drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyTFKDjE3Sw

Just watching that trailer brings up chilling memories of watching the movie
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite made for TV horror movies is the original Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. I also found an early John Carpenter movie at my local used DVD place called Someone's Watching Me. I'm not sure if it was a made for TV movie, but it had that vibe. Very suspenseful. Some of my favorite B movies are Piranha (original), Night of the Comet and Night of the Creeps!