Welcome & Getting Started

124»

Replies

• eschunks
    eschunks Posts: 2
    I have the book on my nook and it's really handy. I also have the workbook in regular book form and rarely use it. I like the my fitness app better. Def buy the book
  • FoxKaren
    FoxKaren Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,
    I'm just getting set up to start day one of cycle one of the 17 Day Diet tomorrow. I'm happy to find this group. I've got about 45 lbs to lose, and am ready to really get started!
    Karen
  • Hi! I'm just jumping on this "wagon" and happy to find this group. I have not yet purchased the book, but plan to either order it today or download it on my kindle.....would love to hear from you who have the book. Would this book be "okay" on my Kindle? Do you write in your book? Anyway, I'm excited about this--I have done well in the past on diets that are mostly protein, fruits and veggies--I just always give up or get bored before I reach my goal. I'm determined to make it this time!! I have approx. 160 pounds to lose and I'm miserable. Thanks for being here! Sue

I have the book on my kindle and not in paperback format. I think it would be easier in book format so that you can jump about easier, such as going to the recipes and index etc..

Good luck with it , I've lost 10 lbs so far and well into C2 now but struggling with it. All down to me though , some social events and real life interferred and I lost the plot

• Finally hit the 100 lbs lost point this morning, which is my primary weight goal, with a secondary one of 25 more pounds which I probably won't meet as I don't think it's awfully realistic.

Fantastic result , truly inspirational and hopefully you can help us all keep motivated and point us in the right direction
  • ktchrgss
    ktchrgss Posts: 2
    Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this forum! My name is Christy and I began the 17DD yesterday. My doctor recommended it after several of her patients have lost weight from it. Unfortunately, I'm having issues and could use input!

I am TRYING veggies but have never been a veggie person. The types of veggies I like are not allowed in the first 17 days. Any suggestions?? Thanks so much!

• I am TRYING veggies but have never been a veggie person. The types of veggies I like are not allowed in the first 17 days. Any suggestions?? Thanks so much!

What sort of veggies do you like? If its sweetcorn and peas then they are too carby for first cycle and are counted as a starch in the 2nd cycle . I did eat some veggies that werent on the list in cycle 1 but were allowed on the different culture diets such as courgette ( zuccini) and beansprouts etc. One way to get your veggies is to make a chicken soup. I make it with cauliflower carrots onions and then blend to make it smooth then add cooked chicken.

Good luck with C1.
  • ktchrgss
    ktchrgss Posts: 2
    I didn't think of a chicken soup! Thanks so much for the idea! That will help!!
  • dorener
    dorener Posts: 52 Member
    Hi All! I just started Cycle 1 on Friday and have 10 lbs total to lose. I've stuck to it perfectly, without even a bite of food outside of the diet. in the first 3 days I lost 3 lbs, but I got on the scale this morning and gained a pound back. It's a bit discouraging. Has anyone lost a lot on cycle 1? Will it still work if I only have 10 to lose? Thanks so much!
  • mbgambill
    mbgambill Posts: 28 Member
    Yay!! My mom and I started C1D1 yesterday!! We are excited and looking forward to dropping some pounds!! We need all the encouragement and advice we can get. Please help us. So far, we both made it through day one. Weekend is coming up and I am a little nervous about it. Tend to fall of the wagon on the weekends. We bouth need to lose about 25-30 pounds. We are praying this is the answer to ours years of carrying around an extra monkey on our backs. :laugh:
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Hi all! I plan to start the 17 Day Diet on Sunday. I'm a total carb-o-holic so I'm really hoping this will help me shed the last 15 lbs I hope to lose. I've plateaued for a long time and then just gave up counting calories for a while. It is so hard to count during the summer since we are always on the go!
    Knowing exactly what I can eat but not having to count should be easier...hopefully. :wink:

I love that I've found a group!
  • Thank goodness I found a group! My name is Tiffany, I am 26 and just finished grad school! I just purchased the book on amazon and will be starting day 1 on monday. Nice to meet you all!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    I started cycle one on July 2. I LOVE this diet. I love the food, I love the energy. This is awesome. I am on day 11 and have lost 7 pounds so far.
  • bunluvly
    bunluvly Posts: 7 Member
    happy to find an active 17 DD group for inspiration. i am 3 days into C1 and have dropped 6.2 lbs.