night sweats

Options
Kymmu
Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
Hi all ladies!
I'm not menopausal, no symptoms during the day... but have had a lot of severe night sweats with the low carb life.
( It's winter here in Australia) I know it's not the weather.
Has anyone else experienced this with high protein and low carb? Will it pass?
many thanks for your advice! Kym.

Replies

• tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sorta funny, my boyfriend (and his brothers) gets the meat sweats after eating a big portion of meat. They are serious meat eaters mind you but maybe it is the high protein diet.
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Kym! I'm glad you posted this topic!!!

Seriously, since I went Primal last summer, I've been getting these - and I had no idea why! I'd love to see anyone else's thoughts/opinions.

Love your puppy profile pic!

:) Jane
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it's menopause- since you are 44? I've been having that for several years (i'm 48). man I can't wait for it to be over!!

Anyway, how low is your low carb? I keep mine 50-100 (i went over today for my husbands bday-pizza-cake-ugh) and i don't have any problems. But I could understand if it's lower than 50- seems people have more issues. One friend was having some emotional issues? crying alot,etc and she put back up higher and is doing fine.
    let us know how it works out for you :)
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Well I've been doing around 30 g of carbs, but recently changed my goals up to see if this helped.
    My husband said not to wear clothes to bed- I'm not sure if he's trying to be helpful- lol. But even that doesn't help!!
    I have since read about people shedding water when they go low carb...maybe that's it? Notice how I don't acknowledge the M word?? hahah, I have no other symptoms so I don't even want to go there!
    Thanks for replying.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Magnesium supplementation seems to be my current solution for everything but y'all may want to consider this:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/548114-are-night-sweats-a-symptom-of-low-magnesium/

I take Magnesium an hour or so before bed to help sleep.

Carb consumption close to bedtime can promote better sleep so us low-carbers may need a bit of help if we are cutting them late in the day, which I certainly do.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Thanks DeadVim-
    I'll look into taking magnesium...and also have a look at those sites.
    Great help!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting them at night but am sweating a lot more in general.
  • LLRider
    LLRider Posts: 65
    Options
    Magnesium supplementation seems to be my current solution for everything but y'all may want to consider this:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/548114-are-night-sweats-a-symptom-of-low-magnesium/

I take Magnesium an hour or so before bed to help sleep.

Carb consumption close to bedtime can promote better sleep so us low-carbers may need a bit of help if we are cutting them late in the day, which I certainly do.

I would like to take magnesium to help me sleep! What do you think about combo supplements with potassium? and does it cause you any ... ahem ... any 'bowel' problems? lol - I can never remember how to spell diarrea ... diarrhea!