Ladies Only Question ...

Options
Hi girls!! I've been on the Cruise Phase for about a month … I'm down 15 pounds thus far, but the past week, am holding steady at my current weight. This plateau happens to coincide with, well, my very unwelcome monthly pest.

I'm wondering how much water weight and retention would you say is average? Has anyone noticed if Pure Protein days help at all with bloating and such?? Thanks for any input!! :smile:

Replies

• MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see what everyone answers... I am new to this program.
  • TheEndComplete2113
    Options
    I've been on the Dukan diet since May 28th and I'm down 30 lbs. I did notice though that when my monthly visitor comes the scale doesn't want to budge. I continue to drink lots of water and on the first 2 days that my little friend arrives I do pure protein days because those are the days I feel most bloated. The scale might not move during that week but you should be in for a nice surprise when you weigh yourself the following week or two because you will see that your results will continue. It just sucks being a girl sometimes ;-)
  • ikoiko33
    ikoiko33 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you so much for the input!! I'm increasing my workouts this week, and trying more green tea instead of coffee …

Yeah, being a girl stinks sometimes. I still have to explain to my hubby the whole fashion over function thing when it comes to clothing, and the reason why I need so many different bags & purses is because cute clothes typically don't have pockets. :happy:
  • ikoiko33
    Options
    Scale FINALLY budged today … nearly 2 pounds!! Woot woot!! :happy:

Oh hormones and bloating, how I loathe thee …
  • HKSteph
    HKSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done! Way to go! Bet you're pleased with that!
  • ikoiko33
    Options
    Was a HUGE sigh of relief this morning!! My short term goal is to be 3.5 pounds lighter by the time we leave for Cape May in 2 weeks … I think that's pretty attainable.

The big thing that I have noticed, is that while the 3 little numbers that appear on my scale have dropped considerably, I am not having any big losses with inches … especially around my waist. My clothes are fitting more loose than previously, but according to the tape measure, I have only lost 1/2 an inch around my midsection.
  • HKSteph
    HKSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    3.5lbs is definitely doable! Especially at the rate you're going! I bet it will be more than that by the time you go.

Weird but DITTO on the inches! I measured this morning and despite losing 9lbs, many of my measurements are exactly the same. I ave no explanation for it either. I think it may come good in a cople more weeks though. Patience is he name of the game, no?
  • ikoiko33
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping …

I always heard that you loose 1 inch for every 10 pounds, but I don't think the inch is always from your waist!! My clothes feel a little more loose, so maybe it's dropping from other areas (wouldn't mind a smaller butt!!). Some people have noticed a difference already as well, and my face definitely looks less "puffy" …

It does get discouraging sometimes, because I look at what my abs looked like when I was in peak condition, and then in the mirror at what they are today :sad: I know that it will come with time, and eventually I want to add more toning into my workouts. But it would be nice to be able to say in the meantime, that I've comfortably dropped a dress size!!