Fitbit and em2wl and scooby

Options
Morgandobes
Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
Hi all -
So I got a fitbit, today is the first 'full' day of using it.
How do I 'sync' it up with my tdee/bmr/scooby regarding my activity level, vs
number of calories etc.
Thank you,
Lisa

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    you can sync it up with MFP, tab under "Tools"
  • Morgandobes
    Options
    I thought I worded that wrong..when it syncs up, it adds more food calories for exercise calories
    But, scooby already does that when you select an activily level.

Could I chose desk job little exercise, 20% reduction and eat back my calories that mfp adds
    back in for exercise?

Tks!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    What I do is enter all activity and food ONLY on MFP. Then your fitbit will give you an estimated cal burn for the day (may take a week for it to personalize) . I eat 250 cals less than my TDEE that my fitbit tells me. :) So like yesterday it told me I burned 2100 cals (TDEE) . I kept track of this throughout the day and if it told me I could eat 100 more cals I ate a cheestick before bed. oh and the 2100 burned includes your BMR.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. I have also been doing EM2WL for about 8 weeks. I do have my Fitbit synced to MFP. I don't really pay much attention to the calorie burn on the fitbit. I don't use their site for tracking food either or weighing in. I just use my fitbit to track my steps taken, stairs climbed and sleep monitoring.

But I did find this interesting. You get a weekly report via email. In it you get your weekly average calories burned. Someone posted a math formula she uses to figure out her calories. I tried it and it comes out within 50 calories of the Scooby site TDEE-15%, so pretty accurate if you ask me.

The formula if you want to try it is. Take your weekly calories burned and divide by 7, then multiply by 0.85. The number you get should be pretty close to your TDEE-15%. It was for me. At least it has been for 6 weeks!

My suggestion would be to use it to track your steps, stairs and sleep. I like not having to figure out if I need to add more calories or not, I like simple. I have my MFP settings set so that it does not add extra calories. I know my activity level and I eat accordingly which is TDEE-15%, that is what I have my calories set at daily.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bumpity bump. I love seeing all ?'s regarding fitbit, scooby, and EM2WL. :)
  • Morgandobes
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the responses. I have only had my fitbit for a couple of days, but may do a hybrid.
    Sort of a set amount everday of calories but more on days when I earn exercise calories.
    It will give me motivation to walk more.

I will be interested to see what my weekly average is next thursday.

Lisa
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    But I did find this interesting. You get a weekly report via email. In it you get your weekly average calories burned. Someone posted a math formula she uses to figure out her calories. I tried it and it comes out within 50 calories of the Scooby site TDEE-15%, so pretty accurate if you ask me.

The formula if you want to try it is. Take your weekly calories burned and divide by 7, then multiply by 0.85. The number you get should be pretty close to your TDEE-15%. It was for me. At least it has been for 6 weeks!

Very Interesting! Had not read this bit of info before. I want to try this. Thanks!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. I have also been doing EM2WL for about 8 weeks. I do have my Fitbit synced to MFP. I don't really pay much attention to the calorie burn on the fitbit. I don't use their site for tracking food either or weighing in. I just use my fitbit to track my steps taken, stairs climbed and sleep monitoring.

My suggestion would be to use it to track your steps, stairs and sleep. I like not having to figure out if I need to add more calories or not, I like simple. I have my MFP settings set so that it does not add extra calories. I know my activity level and I eat accordingly which is TDEE-15%, that is what I have my calories set at daily.

Tks for sharing
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump