Please take a look

Options
Hello, I have been following the group now for about a month. I am not sure that I'm doing this correctly. A little info about me,
5' 1" / 161lbs / 35yrs / currently working out about 3.5 to 4.5 hrs a week. This is the number I got from Scooby's calculator.

BMR- 1472
TDEE- 2281
15% cut- 1939

If you can please take a look at my diary and give me any suggestion. Help

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    your diary is not open, m'dear!
  • Debb76
    Debb76 Posts: 8
    Options
    Sorry, can you please check again and let me know if you are able to see it. I'm not to familiar with all this settings stuff. Thanks
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been following the group now for about a month. I am not sure that I'm doing this correctly. A little info about me,
    5' 1" / 161lbs / 35yrs / currently working out about 3.5 to 4.5 hrs a week. This is the number I got from Scooby's calculator.

BMR- 1472
    TDEE- 2281
    15% cut- 1939

If you can please take a look at my diary and give me any suggestion. Help

Do you need help figuring out how to add calories? Your numbers look fine, but your diary looks very sparse! Not much food!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    From what I see, you use alot of packaged items (I see alot of name brands listed), you use those same items almost all the time, and there is just not enough variety at all of real foods, particularly vegetables...... Where are they????????

Youre daily caloric intake is not consistent. - in fact today, you ate way too little, you should be eating alot more than just 700+ calories.

By chance, are you comfortable working in the kitchen to make an actual meal? I know some people just arent all about putting the work in because it can be often construed as time consuming...

You need to eat some real foods, larger varieties and not so much of the name-brand products, processed foods, etc. You definitely need to eat vegetables... I viewed several days, few weeks and unfortunately you are missing it on many areas and levels....
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of thoughts as I looked at today's entries.

First is that if you are done right now, you're still under your BMR and that is not good. Now, that is without knowing if you are including your exercise numbers or eating them back. Read this sticky on making sure you are always above your BMR http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

Secondly, are you measuring/weighing your food? For instance, 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is a lot. More than people may realize if they weren't measuring. So, did you actually have that amount (which is fine if you did!!) If you just accepted the label's serving amount, it may not be what you consumed. That would cause your actuals and your math to be off.

I still pull my scale out for many things, although there are many things I no longer have to weigh. I found weighing my foods to be the easiest/quickest for me.

Hang in there! You are doing the right thing to look at things and ask for input :)

You're doing a great job! :) Catherine

Edit to add the link for BMR sticky.