BMF/bodybugg people can u help me please ?

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
i've had a bodybugg for 10wks. First i went for 500cal/day deficit or more, of course lost nothing. Then i found emtwl & today i start wk 6 of my reset, last night i read nrolfw again, (im on workout a8) and used they info they gave me for tdee...its 1850 for active/workout day and 2156 for strenous work/workout day. well,yesterday my b.bugg said i burnt 2700. i did nrolfw & went shopping a bit....thats a huge diff. ivew been eating 2055 cals (weekly averge from 10 days ago).....ive gained 9lbs since the reset.......do you go by your bmf/bbugg or the book? because if anser is the book...im prob going to just keep gaining bc im eating way too much. (yesterday i ate 2650 cals since bbugg was reading as much) so im not really being consistant with one number-though i am being consistant with eating my daily burn......i have another question regaurding the "cut" but im out of time. thanks for any help you can give !!!! :smile:

Replies

• wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've had my BMF since mid April, and I take a 30 day average for my burn using the BMF data, calcuate a 15% cut from that average and eat it consistently. I only really worry about eating a different amount on days when my burn is stupidly high. Example: last weekend the hubs and I celebrated our anniversary and we spent hours walking around the downtown area of our town. By the time we left for dinner at 5pm, I had already burned almost as many calories as I usually do in an entire day (I have the link armband and check on my phone from time to time during the day), so I knew I would have some leeway to have an extra yummy dinner and dessert.

The formulas in NROLFW are great and all, but they're just going to give you estimates, so I'll always say go with the bodybugg numbers since they're an actual measurement of your burn, not an estimate based on your stats.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stick with your Bugg. It gives you a more accurate number for yourself. The calculators are more general estimators.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses ! It just gets a little confusing bc Kiki says to be consistant ...and my numbers are not, like i said, cals eaten are true to what i burn (consistantly.)So, i will just do the average and quit stressing so much about it (hopefullly). :ohwell: because when its time to cut 15% that would be really hard to figure out without an average ! which today is 6wks~now that im here I think I can make it to 8 !!!!!