whats for lunch

Options
acemdd
acemdd Posts: 12 Member
im havin trouble gettin the calories i need at lunch time. by lunch time it warm outside so i dont want to cook or eat any thing real heavy. so im asking for suggestions. ive been trying to have 500 or mor calories each meal but usally only get around 300. hope to get some ideas.

Replies

• ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Well, usually I drink 2 cups of whole milk each meal that I consume at home, that's like 300 calories right there. Then the other 200 would be a easy to achieve.

Blending stuff is like cheating because you can put in tasty stuff and horrible (but healthy) tasting stuff and have a quick meal that you can drink really quick. I would pour whole milk, oats, yogurt, fruit, and ice cubes and you can easily pack on calories that way.

Make your own healthy snacks. Lots of recipes out there for cookies, health bars, and other quick snacks that you can create to your specifications for a quick eating.

Sandwiches. It doesn't get any easier than that. 2 pieces of a whole wheat bread gives like over 150 calories, then add some type of cheese and meat to bring it to close to 400 calories. Then some nuts for a snack to put you over 500.
  • acemdd
    acemdd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks that is vary helpful. ill have to try some of those ideas
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    3 eggs fried up with
    1 red-skin potato (crushed into eggs)
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 cup of raw cashews on the side

I think that should net you pretty close!
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Whoops sorry I didn't read closely enough! The eggs and potatoes might be a bit warm for you, not sure. However, you can still net about 800 calories in a cup of cashews if nothing else! Mmm, cashews and lemonade :)