Breakfast ideas?

Options
I'm sure there is a post somewhere with this information but I'm new to this site and don't know how to search within a group of messages!

I HATE breakfast but since I've started working out on a treadmill and in a gym I know I need to eat. Anyone with good ideas on some of the best things to eat (cooked and uncooked but preferably FAST) that will help me stay within my calorie goals but give me what I need to make it through the workout?

Thanks! Dee

Replies

• begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal with milk, dried blueberries, cinnamon and a little sweetner.
  • tequillarose04
    tequillarose04 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    believe it or not chocolate malt o meal is decently good for you & fast/easy to make..add a splash of vanilla almond milk & its ohh so yummy!.... only 130 cals/serving & will keep you full for a while...they have regular too but its all the same cals so i figure i can get my chocolate fix while eating healthy :)
  • jessicam319
    jessicam319 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for egg white muffins and you can make a bunch and then freeze them and I've found they hold up well if I microwave them in the morning for breakfast. I usually modify the recipe a little bit and add different vegetables or ingredients but this is the recipe...

http://shanaandadam.blogspot.com/2012/05/eat-clean-my-egg-white-muffins.html

also these make ahead mcmuffin copycats are pretty healthy and are filling!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Egg_McMuffin
  • yoliprdr
    yoliprdr Posts: 13
    Options
    My fav healthy breakfast has to have protein. So mine is called the "healthy breakfast" in my house. lol

You scramble egg whites with low fat mozerella cheese. In separate frying pan you saute green, red peppers, mushrooms, any onions you like (i like shallots) and blk beans. when all is cooked put the eggs first on the plate, then pile it with the veggies and cut up some avocadoes and put that on top of the veggies Then i squeeze alittle lemon juice on top.

Ive had many plp come over for breakfast just for that.
  • kb3iay
    kb3iay Posts: 5
    Options
    Days when I have to leave home early I grab a cereal bar I hate eating cereal so eating this works.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    there are several things I like, but lately my new "fancy - but EASY breakfast" is this:

2 eggs
    1TBSP orange juice
    Mozzarella cheese

I just mix up the eggs with the OJ, in my Tupperware Breakfast maker - you don't have to spray Pam or anything in it, just put the eggs in there with the OJ all mixed up, and I season it- sometimes if I get really fancy I use nutmeg, and whatever spice I think would go with it, then top with a sprinkle of cheese, microwave for about 2 minutes - and go get ready while it's heating, and then give it a few minutes to cool off. SO GOOD! and really easy!
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I do the egg white muffins a lot. Criss cross 2 halves of turkey bacon on a muffin pan bottom. Mix egg white or eggs, your favorite diced or chopped veggies, and a little shredded cheese. Bake
  • DivaDiba0212
    Options
    One low cal (100 calorie) english muffin with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, tastes just like cream cheese!! 135 calorie breakfast
  • lindsey2423
    lindsey2423 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do the egg white muffins a lot. Criss cross 2 halves of turkey bacon on a muffin pan bottom. Mix egg white or eggs, your favorite diced or chopped veggies, and a little shredded cheese. Bake

this sounds delicious! :)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    there are several things I like, but lately my new "fancy - but EASY breakfast" is this:

2 eggs
    1TBSP orange juice
    Mozzarella cheese

I just mix up the eggs with the OJ, in my Tupperware Breakfast maker - you don't have to spray Pam or anything in it, just put the eggs in there with the OJ all mixed up, and I season it- sometimes if I get really fancy I use nutmeg, and whatever spice I think would go with it, then top with a sprinkle of cheese, microwave for about 2 minutes - and go get ready while it's heating, and then give it a few minutes to cool off. SO GOOD! and really easy!

sprinkled with nutmeg and cloves the other day- so yummy!
  • krazykelz1978
    Options
    1 slice Whole wheat toast
    1 slice American Cheese (or whatever you prefer)
    Top it with 1 large egg ("fried" with olive oil PAM)

I also love Egg Beaters with cheese and turkey sausage (you can get the pre-cooked stuff pretty cheap).
  • 4mybabys
    Options
    I use to have coffee with vanilla creamer for breakfast or a chai tea latte. I no longer have the coffee but, have substituted the chai tea latte for a 20 calorie version with no sugar or dairy. 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, half cup of Oregon's sugar free chai concentrate and a dash of cinnamon. Totally satisfying!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you like granola, Natures Path has a Pumpkin Seed & Flax that I enjoy occasionally w/Almond breeze vanilla unsweetend (or whatever milk you'd prefer) or w/o milk, plus you can make parfaits w/it too. I like Fage plain greek 0 or 2% and add in my own fresh fruit but of course you could go w/any kind of granola & yogurt. I chose this specifically cause the yogurt is smooth to be greek, greek yogurt has some protein it it as well and to watch my suger and sodium intake.
  • Christabiss
    Options
    I'm a big fan of shakes. If I can, I prep the night before so all I need to do in the morning is blend and go! I'll use whatever fruit is in season, and sometimes I'll also add granola or almonds. Peaches are in season so I had that this morning. See below for one serving:

Chop up one large peach
    Take one container of greek yogurt (I used Peach flavored Non-fat Chobani)
    Add a few ice cubes and blend (I have the Magic Bullet so I can easily transition the mixer to my drinking cup)

Enjoy your shake while finishing getting ready for the day!
    Nutrition for Peach Shake: 208 calories, 37g carbs, 0g fat, 14g protein, 4g fiber, 34g sugar
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me a good idea just last night that I'm going to try. Crack, place and mix up in a microwaveable bowl eggs or eggbeaters with some milk, salt and pepper. Microwave and you have some scrambled eggs. She also said..throw in some already cooked turkey bacon and you have yourself a quick and healthy breakfast!!

:smile:
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs and all the breakfasts I find have them... so I make small burritos and store them in my freezer. Then when I'm ready I can microwave them for a couple minutes and they are ready to go.
    I also keep light yogurt (about 90 calories) or slim fast shakes on hand.

Eggless Breakfast Burritos

1 medium sweet potato, cubed (about 180 grams)
    salt, to taste
    pepper, to taste
    1 cup frozen peppers & onions
    3/4 cup Jimmy Dean frozen turkey sausage crumbles
    4 tbsp medium salsa
    1/4 cup reduced fat mexican blend cheese
    2 Joseph's Lavash wraps

Heat a medium non-stick pan sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
    Add potatoes, salt & pepper to pan and cook until potatoes begin to carmelize a bit on the edges (you don't want them mushy).
    Add peppers & onions to pan and cook until veggies are soft and warm through.
    Stir in sausage crumbles and cook until sausage is warmed through (about 2 or 3 minutes).
    Stir in salsa & cheese.
    Remove from heat.
    Cut each lavash in half.
    Put 1/4 of the potato mixture on edge of each lavash and wrap burrito style.
    Wrap in foil and freeze (I put my foil wrapped burritos in a freezer bag so they don't get freezer burn)
    When ready to eat take a burrito from the freezer, remove foil & heat on a paper plate for 1 to 3 minutes depending on your microwave.

Stats per burrito!!!
    Calories 152
    Fat 5
    Carb 21
    Fiber 5
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    great ideas!