Hebrews 4:9-11 Labor to Enter HIS Rest !!!

Options
loistryin
loistryin Posts: 70 Member
I struggle so hard to keep everything under MY control and have everything how I want it that I get sick in all areas of my health. Rest has been my theme this summer, but I backslide into guilt and messages like this help me refocus. It is okay to rest. I feel like I haven't truly done it in 7 years.

A teacher/preacher Joseph Prince gave a message that was helpful to me yesterday morning. My interpretation of the long message?..... labor to enter into God's rest..... Labor to Believe God and his promises and to be grateful, hopeful, and to let HIM be in control instead of trying to control everything myself... I intend to get the teaching from Joseph Princes website because there is so much more too lengthy to share here.... but quickly....

How does this help with my weight loss efforts? Hmmmm, it must be read in the context..the Israelites hardened their hearts toward God even though they saw so many miracles..... I must not hardened my heart or give up on my weight loss efforts..... but I must stay connected to him and his people, his leaders to help me....

Thanks for letting me share!!!

Replies

• xmasjunky
    xmasjunky Posts: 11
    Options
    I would agree with you. I have struggled for so many years as the "fixer" I have become an enabler instead. I read a wonderful article by Sandy Feit in Charles Stanley's monthly magazine: the basics -
    Rest is peace ( Jesus, the Prince of Peace, gives peace beyond our comprehension and unlike anything that the world has to offer - John 14:27, Phil 4:4-27),
    Rest is a pause (The Sabbath was set apart as holy but is wasn't an end in itself. Rather, the weekly respite pointed to God's later and greater plan to relieve us of our burdens.),
    Rest is a place (Just as the Sabbath day had application beyond its literal meaning, the Promised Land, too, prefigured a coming spiritual reality. We have a very present comfort and guidance of God through His Holy Spirit, but our citizenship is in heaven, not in the alien environment where we currently reside),
    Rest is a Person (the "Promised Land" is far more than simply a geographical construct. The New Testament reveals where our "place" of safety and joy is: we're to abide in Jesus Christ and His love - John 15:4-11),
    Rest is a process (Trust in Jesus as Savior brings the comfort of permanent security - with our sin debt paid in full, we need never fear condemnation - Romans 8:1) I apologize for this being so lengthy - what you wrote spoke to my heart and my own struggles. In Christ, Cindy
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love you both!! So much of my life I have been a stress eater. As a Christian I should find all my needs met by Jesus. What was wrong? Not Jesus, but me!! My new-found dedication to weight loss is going hand-in-hand with my re-dedication to staying in the Word daily. I am going to God's Word to meet my needs when I am stressed instead of to the fridge or pantry. In His Word I find strength and rest!! How awesome to have new friends here to share His love with!! Thanks for the awesome devotional thoughts!