3RD CHALLENGE JULY 15-20

Options
MsTanya77
MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
Welcome everyone to WEEK 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are at the half way point of this challenge and everyone has been doing a FANTASTIC JOB!!!!! Your mission for Week 3, if you choose to accept it:

WATER CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we all know we water intake is a major component to overall health and weight loss. Water has tremendous benefits to us, as our bodies are made up of 65% water. Water levels below 40% indicate obesity. It is very important that we intake the proper amount of water per day. Water creates healthy, hydrated skin, giving it a healthy glow. Water prevents dehydration AND prevents constipation.

A glass of lemon water first thing in the morning kicks the body into fat-burning mode and it flushes out the system.

You challenge this week is to drink HALF YOUR BODY WEIGHT in ounces of water. So since I am 199 lbs, I would have to drink 99.5 ounces of water EVERYDAY.

One great thing that I do is, I have a certain cup that I drink water from. I know that this cup is 24 oz, so I have to drink 4.5, 24oz cups of water. When you think about just drinking 4 containers vs. 99.5 oz of water, the goal seems alot more attainable!

This challenge kicks off on Sunday, so please take the time to post how many ounces of water you will be drinking this week on this thread and post each day the number of ounces of water you have drank. :)

ALSO: 200 UPPER BODY EXERCISES to be done throughout the week! Upper body includes: Arms, back, chest, and shoulders:

www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercise_demos.asp?exercise...upper

You guys are winners and I know you will crush this week's challenge!

Replies

• winefine2012
    Options
    I'm ready i really need help with my water intake... so this is just what i need... :drinker:
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Edited to say...^this is 125 ounces..............where is the peeing emoticon????
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    Tanya, Can I count raising 125 ounces of water to my mouth as Upper Body reps?????:laugh:
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm ready
  • MsTanya77
    Options
    Tanya, Can I count raising 125 ounces of water to my mouth as Upper Body reps?????:laugh:

Yep call them water bicep curls! LOL
  • bonia624
    bonia624 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm ready I gotta drink 110!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Since I am banned from the scale Im just going to guesstimate high and say I have to drink 90oz. Better more than less. Bottoms UP
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    One gallon gone! AND I'm in the truck!!! Ugh! 50 real bicep curls, 50 hammer curls 6#s,
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    96ozs. of water down and 60 sit ups!......I'm floating in all this water.
  • Tobi2cats
    Tobi2cats Posts: 22
    Options
    64 ounces of water.
    I didn't work out today but will make up for it tomorrow!
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm ready
    81 Oz
  • MsTanya77
    Options
    77 oz and I didn't get to work out either, BUT I will be gettin' it in tomm!
  • Ntr1Beauty
    Ntr1Beauty Posts: 25
    Options
    goal 97floz of water: consumed 130floz of water. will begin upper body tomorrow.
  • BigBoy00
    BigBoy00 Posts: 8
    Options
    88 oz of water.... definetly will make up for it.. better week equals better person.
  • beeka2ked
    Options
    Monday: 68oz of water
    No upper body exercises

Will post todays info later today
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I will be drinking 95.5 oz of water each day!
    7/15/2012 = 96 oz
  • beeka2ked
    Options
    Water today: 101.4oz

Upper body: 25 (each side) bicep curls, 25 overhead triceps, 25 pushups, 25 chest press
  • Tobi2cats
    Tobi2cats Posts: 22
    Options
    72 oz water
    25 overhead triceps
    25 chest flys
  • shareajones
    shareajones Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    104 out of 91 ounces needed today!! 110 push ups
  • smooth62526
    smooth62526 Posts: 7 Member