Just starting Dukan...and a little nervous

Options
Hi all, am new to MFP and Dukan. Have read the book, and want to start asap. I was wondering if anyone out there was starting the attack phase in the next day or so. I am rather anxious about starting this alone- never needed to go on a diet before,so all new to me really and I know I would value the support of folks starting out on the 'journey'....or those who are indeed fully fledged Dukanners! Many thanks.

Replies

• emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been on MFP a while but have previously only really used the phone app so have never used the message boards! I started Dukan Attack on Tuesday, I wanted to lose around 12lbs so I only did attack for 3 days, I'm now in Cruise Phase and have just done day 2 of that. Its a difficult diet I have to admit because I find myself craving veg on pp days and also I have a massive craving for orange juice atm but thats not allowed for ages yet! However it is good because you don't get hungry and if you get inventive in the kitchen you can still eat a wide range of foods, I'm a chicken fan so I'm having quite a lot of chicken atm! Eggs are also my breakfast lifesaver as I've always been a shreddies and milk girl but obviously thats not allowed for absolutely ages! Definately go for it I'm sure (I hope) it'll be worth it in the end. I lost 2.7lbs in attack, weighing in again tomorrow fingers crossed for another bit of a loss! If you start soon attack will be over before you know it! And then we can both cruise together :) xxx
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I hope the diet works for you , it certainly has for me… I am on consolidation but will be on stabilization in about 4more weeks.. I actually love this diet and plan to stick to it and the good habits I have developed. I have to admit I used lose it to count calories every day and switched to my fitness pal after I hit the consolidation phase. It really helps to use the on line coaching… I think there is some discount running on it this weekend.

Hang in there, I would have given up one of my dogs for a sliced tomato during attack, but I got thru it. I actually see bread, pasta potatoes and rice as poison now… and I was a die hard carb-o-holic comfort food eating southern gal.

I am 4 pounds below "true weight" and will stay on consolidation / calorie counting with some "celebration" meals here and there for the rest of my life. This diet works for me.
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    This is very encouraging, thank you. I need to loose about a stone, so will do 3 or perhaps 4 days on attack, what do you suggest?
  • Danlac86
    Danlac86 Posts: 22
    Options
    I will hopefully be starting this diet by the end of this week. I am a little nervous,too. Go to the dukan website and do the true weight feature, if you have not already. It shows you how long to stay on each phase. For me, the attack phase is 6 days. I am trying to lose 50lbs. It would to great to have someone to talk to that is just starting off, too!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    This is very encouraging, thank you. I need to loose about a stone, so will do 3 or perhaps 4 days on attack, what do you suggest?

LIke Daniac86 said - If you go to the Dukan Website, they have an online questionnaire that factors in your age, weight, etc and will calculate the length of each phase for you… I know you can at least get your "Target Weight" and the program may be part of the on line coaching, which I did and highly recommend.

Other than that, I was only on attack for 4 days and it was plenty enough. I think I lost 4 pounds and then the rest fell off kinda funny… Like lose 3 pounds, then plateau for 1-2 weeks. The more water I drank and the more walking I did the better I felt.
  • abeautifulmess
    abeautifulmess Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished my attack phase (6 days worth) and it really wasn't that bad at all! I did spend a bunch of time though checking out dukan blogs and the like to try and find recipes. Like others have said, if you're creative with your food it doesn't get too boring! One of my favorite websites I've found so far was www.dukanitout.com - recipes are awesome!!
  • hairbylana
    Options
    I am on day 6 of the attack phase, I weighed in this morning and I have lost 10 pounds (in 5 days!!!)

This diet is absolutely amazing, I think the reason I have been so good with it is that there is not much room to go wrong. You can eat what it says in the book, if its not in the book dont think "oh this MIGHT be allowed", just dont eat it.

Garlic and crushed chilli have become my best friends, on chicken, in omlettes ect, just dont let your food get boring! And drink water, hundreds and hundreds of the good H20!

Im also no longer craving carbs, I just want to some veg! Theres a fruit and veg stall outside my work and I want to grab a big tomato and eat it like an apple!

I'm doing the attack for 10 days (im doing this diet with my partner which has been great, planning meals together makes it so much easier, if you can do it with a partner or friend do it!) I will post my final weightloss after attack and onto cruise :)

Good luck to everyone trying this! <3
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I've been on Dukan for a week wih 3 days of Attack and have lost 6 pounds which is a huge motivator. I have had very few cravings and just keep telling myself that I can have that later on. You'll be okay if you just stay on the plan. The weight loss is a true motivator. Good luck!!!
  • eva925
    eva925 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Started it yesterday...so far so good lol. :)