Need beach freindly protein ideas

Options
starrgazerlily
starrgazerlily Posts: 23 Member
I am going to the beach this week and I am looking for some ideas of what to eat on the beach. I don't really care for many of the protein bars out there. I have bought some protein "snacks" from bariatric choice, but they are only 10-12 gms of protein per serving. I have to eat 125gms of protein a day so I need about 20-25 gms of protein per meal. Any ideas??

Replies

• Mgray1024
    Mgray1024 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We went a couple of weeks ago. I made sure that I had a lunch bag or a cooler that I could keep my foods cold in. I packed cottage cheese, greek yogurt, string cheese and a frozen protein shake.

I also packed banana's with one of those "Jif on the Go" cups of peanut butter. They have the reduced fat ones but they are hard to find. Or you can pack a little container of PB :)

Luna Bars are also yummy. They don't have a TON of protein but I eat 1/2 of one on some days for my "snack"

125grams of protein a day is so high :( I'm only eating 60-80...Is there a reason they have you consuming such high amounts? I eat more on days that I work out a lot but I'm typically 60-70...

Oh, you could also make some chicken salad up....Are you staying in a hotel or beach house?
  • starrgazerlily
    starrgazerlily Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. At my 1 month check up my pre-albumin level was only 15 (they want it greater then 20) so they had me go from 80gms of protein to 125. At 3 months it was 17 and at 6 months it was at 19. So its steadily increasing but they want me to stay at the 125 until it reaches over 20. I honestly shoot for >110gms a day. Its just so hard to eat that much protein. My NUT looked at some of my protein sources and says I'm really probably eating 90-110 b/c of the types of protein I choosing. Whatever I'm doing something right since its rising. I'm the same way with eating more and better on the days I work.

My IL's have a place and we will be staying with them. We take a cooler on the beach so keeping things cold isn't a problem. I usually do Greek yogurt for breakfast and a RTD protein shake before bed.

I guess I will pick up some zip lock containers and just do chicken/tuna salad.