WAS ALL GOOD, BUT NOW A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE

Options
polza1888
polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
I've fell off the wagon this week, Chinese, McDonalds, lots of chocolates, Crisps (chips) etc etc etc - I'm doing the Eat More to Weight Less, when i started it was all great, started losing weight and inches etc, 5 weeks later, with the calorie increase; I am absolutely STARVING.

I can easily max out my calories in half the day so at night i'm eating more, I can't control my hunger. I have tried eating different types of foods to combat it and it's not helping, I'm also very low on energy which is effecting my gym and motivation.

Can someone recommend a solution for this as I'm actually at the stage that I should be decreasing my calories a little??

Looking at my diary the past 3/4 days won't help as i've been lazy with that also and not filled it completely :(

Bad times i'm going through after the good success doing this

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OK, OK~ let's just take a breath and have a look........

You feel like you "fell off the wagon"; you had some treats this week; you're starving all the time; you're low on energy~I think I got it all~ sounds like you are in doing EM2WL absolutely perfect!!

What did she say???? Yes, she said you're perfect!!! How?

1) There is no "wagon". Treats are not forbidden and unless you had them 24 hours a day for an entire week, there is nothing to worry about. IF, however, you are noticing a direct correlation between what you eat and how you feel, then TRY to eat what makes you feel the best. (for me, it's protein)

2) Starving ALL the time? Eat, for the love of God, EAT!!!! You have successfully turned your body into a raging inferno and you MUST fuel it properly!
    2A) "Maxing out" those calories? I saw just ONE of your exercise entries~ over 800 calories!!~ that is an enormous burn, my friend and you HAVE to EAT!

3) Low on Energy~ this is expected around Week 6ish and you may just have to ride this out.
    HOWEVER~ back to your exercise~you must EAT to keep your energy fueled too.

You are going to be fine and I would hold off decreasing calories for a few weeks.

Remember, Paul, EM2WL is NOT a diet and there is NO time limit or end to the process!!:flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I noticed that you are not eating near enough protein. When you up your protein you will notice a decrease in the need to binge on unhealthy foods.

Aim for 1gram per pound of body weight or just set your macros to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat.
  • polza1888
    Options
    OK, OK~ let's just take a breath and have a look........

You feel like you "fell off the wagon"; you had some treats this week; you're starving all the time; you're low on energy~I think I got it all~ sounds like you are in doing EM2WL absolutely perfect!!

What did she say???? Yes, she said you're perfect!!! How?

1) There is no "wagon". Treats are not forbidden and unless you had them 24 hours a day for an entire week, there is nothing to worry about. IF, however, you are noticing a direct correlation between what you eat and how you feel, then TRY to eat what makes you feel the best. (for me, it's protein)

2) Starving ALL the time? Eat, for the love of God, EAT!!!! You have successfully turned your body into a raging inferno and you MUST fuel it properly!
    2A) "Maxing out" those calories? I saw just ONE of your exercise entries~ over 800 calories!!~ that is an enormous burn, my friend and you HAVE to EAT!

3) Low on Energy~ this is expected around Week 6ish and you may just have to ride this out.
    HOWEVER~ back to your exercise~you must EAT to keep your energy fueled too.

You are going to be fine and I would hold off decreasing calories for a few weeks.

Remember, Paul, EM2WL is NOT a diet and there is NO time limit or end to the process!!:flowerforyou:

Thanks Rosie,

The past two weeks have been rather hellish with my craving for food and that's what set me off on my binging, I actually feel hungry around 15 minutes after eating, I just cant eat enough.

Because I'm doing this metabolism reset, I don't want to 'Over Eat' I've been going with the recommendation on Scooby to what my daily should be, also taking into concentration 3 workouts a week. My workouts are mainly cardio for now as I want to shift half a stone before I start going up in muscle, my cardio sessions can be explosive when in the right frame of mind, my normal is becoming around 800+ calories burned in the gym but think I need to drop this and aim for 500 or so.

My energy is becoming my most hated part, I'm wakening up exhausted and cant be bothered going anywhere or doing anything, including the gym. It's having such a bad effect on me.

I'm going to try get back to the gym this week and try battle through. Thanks for your reply, Quite motivating :)
  • polza1888
    Options
    Hey there, I noticed that you are not eating near enough protein. When you up your protein you will notice a decrease in the need to binge on unhealthy foods.

Aim for 1gram per pound of body weight or just set your macros to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat.

I thought that my self, I'm going to increase my protein shakes to maybe 3 possibly 4 a day to try and get through this. I've set my macros to 40/30/30 but not sure how much I tend to stick with them :-p Maybe I should aim for going over them to make sure i'm getting enough?

I used to eat a lot of tuna as well, maybe time to start again
  • pepperoniluv
    Options
    I've noticed my energy will be ridiculously low, but as soon as I hit the weights, I'm revived!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Is there any particular reason you're waiting to do more strength training? I think your huge cardio days may be fueling the binges. Perhaps you could cut back on the cardio and begin strength training, all the while increasing your protein. Just a suggestion. You may have your reasons for doing otherwise.