post your starting weights here! :)

Options

Replies

• denacutrone
    Options
    my starting weight is 168 i hope to be into the 150's with in the next few weeks!
    i am eating low carb no sugar and doing p90x
  • mollydt
    mollydt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Molly, I'm 5'3", and I'm 20!

My starting weight is 141.4, and my goal for the end of July is to be at 139. Obviously, it would be fantastic if I lost more than that (I'm only 2.4 lbs away at the moment), which would give me a headstart for my end of August goal of 132!

I'm just doing a 1200 calorie diet at the moment, trying to cut down on my sugar intake!
  • mollydt
    mollydt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I really need this group. I tend to be good with working out but need some accountability with my food. My goals for the next two weeks is to cut out white flour and sugar. I hope to lose 7 pounds. I am currently 220. I really want to get below 200.

Anyone have advice on how to stay motived and not give in to cravings? What has worked for you guys in the past?

Thanks,
    Sarah :)

Hi Sarah!

I work at a Thai restaurant, and get really bad cravings while there, but what has worked for me is drinking 8 oz hot/warm water with lemon juice. The lemon is an appetite suppressant. I also prepare something, like a protein shake or a Tupperware of sliced apples and carrots, and won't let myself eat anything else until I've finished that and waited 20 minutes. It gets really really hard sometimes, but just remember that the cravings will pass!

Hope that helps!
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Fatimah and I'm new to mfp. I have already cut out junk food from my diet 5 days ago so I would love to join this challenge. I am 184.4 pounds and I normally follow my mfp calorie range slightly going over occasssionally. I'm working on that and maybe this group will help. Good luck to everyone.
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would loe some friends on here!!!
  • Ricky1103
    Ricky1103 Posts: 68
    Options
    187 lbs
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    any one can add me as a friend im doing this 2 week to. before i started working out i weighed 220 know im 200.8.
  • sarahkristin33
    Options
    Thanks for the advice @ silverkitten1, mollydt, and hezzietiger1.

Mollydt - I am going to try the hot water with lemon to beat craving. I have never tried that and since this is two weeks of no cheating, I need all the help I can get. I have heard that is good for you too.

Hezzietiger1 - thanks for advice about different meals and planning. I am now getting ready to prepare some chicken for the week. Also, thanks for sharing about eliminating the white flour and sugar. I know it is what I need to do.

Silverkitten1 - will try to use the distractions when the cravings get harder to deal with.

I sent the earlier message after I had three chocolate chip cookies with lunch. Over the years, I really lost control with the food. I am excited about the next two weeks and hope to reach my goal of losing seven pounds.

I noticed some of you on here have lost a lot of weight. I want to lose over 60 pounds so it is so good to see. It makes me feel like it possible and obtainable.

No cheating, two weeks, we can do this !

Sarah
  • tch7n8
    tch7n8 Posts: 3
    Options
    Cindy here. current weight 233. needing daily motivation and accountability.

5yr cancer survivor and ready to take my life back. Wife for 31yrs, mother of 4 and gma of 4. Family tells me rest, slow dow take easy. I am about 80% back to my normal semi active self.

my goal for this two week challenge is drink more water (less diet tea) and to be more active...walk, exercise.....and of course be more dedicated in tracking food.

good luck everyone!!
  • tocallherbeautiful
    tocallherbeautiful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 136
    Goal Weight: 132
  • tachaliz101
    tachaliz101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    starting weight: 162
    Goal weight: 159
  • saphyryn
    saphyryn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My Current Weight 187.9

Weight loss goal for the next two weeks - 4lbs
  • Tiggertails1975
    Options
    211 AS OF 07-15-12
  • Tiggertails1975
    Options
    :0
  • anderson98058
    Options
    Starting tomorrow (its after dinner here): 184
  • debhhi
    debhhi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting -195
    2 wk Goal - 188
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Started at 187 on Wednesday, 7/11/12
    goal in two weeks from today, 7/15/12 is 5 lbs for me too, which should leave me at 182 lbs.
    I'm hoping that I stick this out!
    Good luck to everyone!
  • thatcatkitty
    Options
    As of today Sunday 15th of July 2012, my starting weight is 139 and my goal weight is 125-130. Specifically speaking, 130-135 By the end of the week and 120-130 by the end of the two weeks. I am menstruating so I am currently retaining water weight more so than usual. Good luck everyone!
  • Myfittt
    Myfittt Posts: 20
    Options
    Weight 7/15:130
    Goal: 125
  • ActiveYogi
    ActiveYogi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW: 122
    GW (for this challenge): 119

I have a doctor's appointment in two weeks and she expects me to drop a few pounds by the time I see her...hopefully I'll be able to! Also please feel free to add me, I'm a newbie! :smile: