All you CF ladies out there!

Options
believeandtry
believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
My box is starting a competitive Crossfit team. I love CF and the idea of competition, but being a young female that I am, the only thing stopping me is how I will look once I do start training. I have been volunteering at the CF games for the past 3 days, and the women are REALLLY muscular. They have awesome muscles and what not, but I don't know if I want to have as much muscle as they do. After all, I want to look cute in a dress and all...right now, I am getting stronger, and still have some fat to lose. I just am an all or nothing kind of person and want to know what im getting ymself into and if its the right choice for me.

I think muscles are beautiful dont get me wrong, but I don't knwo if that is exactly what I want to that degree of the female competitors. Any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your own body and your diet composition. Everyone's body builds up differently (just like in the same way people store fat differently too). There are the strongest guys I know who are pretty lean looking, not bulky. One chick at my box is seriously strong, and isn't big.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I hear you about being too muscular, I'm not a big fan of that look myself!! on the contrary if I'm competing I'm all or nothing as well!

Being that I still have some fat to lose I'm not sure how my body will be once I shed that weight. Being lean and definied is great but I don't want to look like a brick! I think as long as your fat percentage is 15-20% you shouldn't be too sculpted and you should still have great strengh.

Let me know if you end up joining!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your body won't change overnight so I think as you go along you can assess how you look and adjust your training/diet to make sure you have enough body fat to not look more muscular than you want.

Who knows though? Maybe as you train and see what you are capable of you might appreciate looking muscular. :smile:
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This came across my FB feed today and I thought it was an interesting post about CrossFit women and bulkiness. Sorry if it reads a little religious...

http://crossfitfms.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/the-fear-of-bulkiness-and-crossfit/
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your body won't change overnight so I think as you go along you can assess how you look and adjust your training/diet to make sure you have enough body fat to not look more muscular than you want.

Who knows though? Maybe as you train and see what you are capable of you might appreciate looking muscular. :smile:

THIS^^

Regardless of what your genetic potential is to gain that kind of body in the first place, you won't gain it overnight. Also I know heaps of competative crossfitters who aren't looking like the top 10 girls, they really are at the elite level. It's not that easy to get there.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am sure those women eat a ton of protein before and after their workouts, like started doing. The transformation is slow too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the amount of muscle you show is dependent on your body fat. if you dont want to look as muscular, then keep your body fat at something like 18-20% body fat.