First timer here starting p90x July 17th

Options
Littlerubiez
Littlerubiez Posts: 6 Member
This is my first time on a message board and doing P90x. I am a little nervous to start but I'm tired of not wanting to look in a mirror or take pictures because I am so disgusted with myself. What do I need to know before I start? Also do you have to absolutely have a chin up bar? I cannot find a place to put one in my house. Thank you for letting me join!

Replies

• _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Littlerubiez!! we have a tips thread already started, but make sure you go at your own pace, try everything, and modify the moves to suit you. You will be able to do all of it in time. Pull up bar? bands if you have them can go over the hinge in a door, or if you have a long, sturdy table-like me- you can try pull ups under that. Just be very careful that you counterbalance, you do not want the table on you!

I would also suggest taking time to look at all the dvd's before hand so you kinda know what the exercises look like,and if you can, try and workout in front of a mirror or other reflective surface so you can check form. Also, take measurements and before pics-you may not like them and never have to show them, but you will be glad you took them on day 90. You will be able to look back and SEE all the progress you have made (it helps if you wear the same clothes in each pic IMO)

which schedule are you going to follow?

Good luck!
  • Littlerubiez
    Littlerubiez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go the classic route.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Make sure you change your MFP to what the program suggest

50% Protein 30% Carbohydrate 20%Fat

Don't be like me I wasn't getting enough protien so it's 15 days and I lost no weight, you need protein to shred!

Good luck!
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Littlerubiez,
    Its my first time doing P90X also and I'm on week 3 now Lean schedule.The peeps who've done this before are a great asset listen to their counsel they have helped me soooo much. (Thanks Guys).
    You can use resistance bands to do the "chin up " parts, there is a person in the dvd showing how to do this and I find it great.
    I second what the guys are saying in taking the pics and measurements, you dont have to divulge them but they will help you chart your journey on this lifestyle change.
    Keep Bringing it.
  • Jenniferstone86
    Jenniferstone86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    this is my first time too... i struggle with the diet portion of things and would love some tips! or recipes if you come across anything good :)
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    jennifer, P90X meal plan has a lot of recipes. You can also just google P90X recipes and get lots of ideas.