I'm new here. :)

Options
angelautomatic
angelautomatic Posts: 31 Member
Hey guys, like it says, I'm new to this group. But I would say I'm a big emotional eater. Anytime I'm bored or stressed out my first reaction is to grab something to eat. I'm hoping to find people I can talk to when I'm having those unnecessary cravings. Let me know if you'd like to be friends. :)

Replies

• bsuss
    bsuss Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm definitely the same way! Also, new to MFP. I'd love to have more support and add you as a friend!
  • stubbsmoni
    Options
    HI there I am also new to this group and I definitely feel like an emotional eater. I have struggled with my weight my entire life so I am hoping this website will help me achieve my goals. I hope that I will find people who have similar issues as me so that I can talk to them about it. I come from a very fit and active family so it's hard to talk to them about my eating issues
  • julie2475
    julie2475 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    by being on this site I have certainly cut down the emotionasl eating, once you actuallt see what you are eating every day it makes a big difference, good luck
  • African_Safari
    African_Safari Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "not so new" here but haven't been keeping track and kicked myself in the butt to start doing it again! I hear you.. Emotional Eater galore!! It's very easy for someone else to say, oh well, when you feel like that try and do something instead of eating. It's just too bloody difficult!!! I caught myself doing that yesterday, lying on the couch, watching a movie and eating crappy food because I felt very down. But...today is a new day and we learn and we take every day one step at a time! :) I'm here also if you would like to add me!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I've been on this site off and on for a few months. I know my biggest problem is my emotional eating. Happy, sad, mad, bored, stressed, nervous...you name, it, I'll eat my way through it. Perhaps we could friend each other and instead of eating, we can email each other and vent what's bothering us...hopefully by then, we will work through our emotions and not eat. I'm game for anybody who wants to try this.
  • mikysue219
    Options
    I'm also new to this site. When I'm bored or stressed or depressed, I reach for food. I finally have controlled it at work (not bringing cash with me for the vending machines and only packing healthy snacks) however, I'm horrible at home. I'd like to have some people to vent with or talk through things instead of eating. Please add me if you'd like
  • pferde01
    pferde01 Posts: 16
    Options
    Looking for more support in this area too. I have been working a fitness/nutrition plan for about 6 weeks with coaches, but I'm still really struggling. I've made some good choices habit, but the emotional comfort factor when I'm stressed or want to "unwind" is really sabotaging my progress. Love MFP so far :)
  • _nuski
    _nuski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being on this site has definitely helped me as well. Tracking how much I eat really showed me how horrible I was eating. Since I had to log everything I eat, I found myself too lazy to track all the little snacks I would eat, so I just stopped eating so many little snacks. MFP is changing my life! :-)
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am new here. I found MFP 2 weeks ago from a friend at work. I would scratch head why I wouldn't lose any weight when I would think that I didn't eat that bad (on my good days) and then when I logged every little thing, I discovered exactly how many calories are in those little handfuls of treats I take while sit at my desk, in front of the computer, etc. Now I look at every calorie and decide do is it worth the calories.

Tonight, I said that I didn't want ice cream because I wanted to stay under for the day since I was taking the night off for exercise and the kids brought over their ice cream and yep, I ate it. Dang it. I did log it. I was bummed that I couldn't resist. I didnt want any ice cream. I wasn't hungry.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this group. I need your support.
    Shana
  • brite_star182
    Options
    Hello! I am also new here. I joined a few days ago and am still getting used to using the website. Even though I just started MFP, I've had a stressful/busy couple of days. I already haven't been keeping track very well! I hope to find motivation through this group. I think the buddy system is helpful when trying to form healthy habits, especially on days when you need some extra support. I don't know anyone personally that is using MFP, but I could benefit from having "friend". Feel free to add me.
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I am new here also. Have a big problem with emotional eating. When life gets me down, the numbers on the scale go up. I want to break that cycle. I just had a mini-binge a few minutes ago. I got angry and anxious about an issue with my significant other and I ate when I wasn't hungry. I added the mini-binge to my calories and I only have 189 for the rest of the day. I will probably exercise the excess off....but my stomach feels yucky and I am mad at myself.
  • bluejy4
    bluejy4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend and be a support for each other☺:flowerforyou:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think I eat as much out of boredom as anything else. Keeping track of food on here has helped with that tremendously.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I've been here for about 3 weeks now and it's going extremely well for me.
    I"m a 36yr old working mom, going back to school next month, married (mostly happily, sometimes not so much), mom issues, yadda yadda yadda....and I eat when I'm stressed, sad, pissed, nervous, happy. You know the deal. So I'm glad I found this group. I think having people who get the emotional side of overeating is essential.
  • vel1105
    vel1105 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nice to know I'm not alone. My first response to most things that aren't great is comfort food. I'm bored, I'm upset, I'm tired, I'm sick etc. out comes the chocolate and the biscuits! I can always come up with an excuse and say never mind this is a bad day, I'll be good tomorrow. Unfortunately tomorrow never seems to arrive.
  • Tammileanh
    Options
    I'm new to the site as well and I hear what you're saying! I've struggled with this same type of emotional eating for years. Let me know if you want to talk.