Social life and healthy habits

Options
GoJo65
GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
Oh boy-out with a couple GFs last night, off to a Pigfest AND friend's cookout today, babseball game tomorrow...how do I manage healthy choices & still have fun?

How do you gals handle it? I have done the fill up on water & veggies prior to parties thing yet continue to still eat the bad stuff AT the party!

I need a rest day & today is it so calorie countign even more important.

Happy weekend-stay cool!
-jo

Replies

• Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Portion control. Sometimes there are few healthy choices, so just do your best to leave the empty calories on the plate and eat smaller portions.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Portion control and exercise. If I know in advance about a big day coming up, I'll try to go easy on my calories and stay in the low range. Plus I don't mind going over on the weekend or a day I know it will be hard to control. So maybe try to keep the portions down but don't beat yourself up about it and get right on it again the next day. It's a lifetime process, not a day to day issue really.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Summer wreaks havoc on my diet. My goal is to at least maintain and not gain during party season. If I know about a party I'm going to I workout that day (bike about 10 miles), eat light all day then eat at the party but try to avoid too much sugar. The next day, get right back on the wagon - veggies, exercise and normal calories. If I don't do that, I gain !!