Help

Options
I am now a week into my second phase but I am starting to struggle....I keep having little naughty nibbles...and I know that is not good as the pounds are soon going to start to pile back on....and I certainly don't want that! I am just getting a bit fed up of veggies and meat/fish only...I miss fruit, cheese!
What can I do?

Replies

• HKSteph
    HKSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Manchester

I can so sympathise! I'm on my second week too and starting to have cravings. Could you maybe try cooking a really luxurious it completely Dukan meal so it feels like a treat? That's what I'm doing, I have a slow cooking chicken curry going at the moment ready for my PV day tomorrow. Made only of chicken (no skin) and the sauce is lots of onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices (and water). I'll let you know tomorrow if it works!

For sweet cravings how about fat free yogurt with vanilla essence? Works for me. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
  • manchester
    Options
    I have never in my entire life had so many yogurts! But honestly, Greek style yogurt isn't the best in taste!
    Please, do let me know how you get on with your chicken curry, I might have to try that myself!
    Xxx
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi machester,
    I can understand. For me, it is not the diet that is hard, it is the frustration that I feel stuck at the same weight. The scale is not moving. I am fluctuating the same 1lb b/w PV and PP days. I am not sure if I need to do the attack.

Anyways, to answer your chicken curry... I make a simple one
    1. Chicken breast -4 qty(I prefer thigh meat as it tastes better and tends to be less fiberous).
    2. onions -1small
    3. Tomatoes -2 small
    4. ginger garlic paste 2 TBSP
    5. NF plain greek/regular yogurt 1/2 cup
    6. curry powder 2 TBSP (based on taste)
    7. garam masala - 1tsp
    8. fennel seeds 1 tsp (optional), turmeric 1/4 tsp (optional)
    9. Red chilli powder 2 tsp

Procedure:
    1. Take a non-stick pan, cook diced onions and tomatoes. Once it cooks into a paste, add salt, red chilli powder and tumeric, ginger garlic paste to it and cook it for a min.
    2. Add cut chicken (1-2 inch) pieces to it and stir it well and let it cook on low heat 1/2 of the water from the chicken mostly evapourates (all the pinkness in the chicken is gone)
    3. Now, add the spices like curry powder, garam masala, fennel seeds and mix well and let it cook for couple of mins.
    4. Add the yogurt, add some water if needed based on the desired consistency/thickness. Let it cook untill the yogurt completely blends and the chicken is completely cooked (10 mins)
    Feeds 4 on Dukan.
    Enjoy!!
  • subtlewhisper
    subtlewhisper Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I feel the need to be naughty, I eat an entire cheese cake.

Crust:

3 T oat bran
    3 T no/low fat yogurt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 T Sweetner (splenda, equal, etc)
    1 egg

Mix with a fork till blended. Pour into greased (I use Pam) pie plate.
    Bake for 12 minutes @ 375F

Allow to cool.

Filling:

Half a package ( or half a small container) of no fat cream cheese
    1 C no/low fat yogurt

Whip at high speed.
    Pour onto cooled crust.
    Refridgerate.

Variations:

Add a splash of Vanilla. Sometimes I added stewed rhubarb on top.

Cocoa is great if you need a chocolate fix.

Sometimes I dissolve a package of diet jello in one cup of hot water. If I decide to do that I reduce the yogurt to a quarter cup.

Then feel free to eat the entire Cheese Cake in one sitting. It's hard to feel like your dieting when you're eating an entire Cake!
    The best part.... this Cheesecake, using no fat and without variation, is only 303 calorie.

Enjoy!

25101989.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" a bit by eating a small container of fruit flavored ff light greek yogurt. For cheese, I've been using a slice of ff kraft sharp cheddar. I try to keep these things to a minimum; I know they aren't ideal, but they've been good crutches for damage control/prevention...
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I've been using peach salsa (Newman's Own) and mango salsa I get from my grocery's produce section as garnish on fish, hard-boiled eggs and chicken breast. Also try some different salad dressings. Panera's dressings don't have high-fructose corn syrup, some are low or no-fat and the poppyseed and fuji apple flavors add some sweetness. Mix up how you spice things - you might find new favorite flavors. Also, think more about your goal and how great you are going to look and feel. Think of your plate as a stepping stone on that trip to success.