7-16-2012 Monday's Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
Good morning Mad Hatters!

It’s a new day, with so many possibilities and opportunities to be the best we can be to ourselves! And how lucky are we to be able to come together to celebrate our successes (and the occasional trial or tribulation) in a place filled with laughter and inspiration!

We may not always be able to choose our circumstances, but we can always choose our attitude – and my day is already a little brighter knowing we’re all here for each other! :smile:

Have a great day ladies!!

and for those of us who are struggling with an occasional bump in the road; this may be of a little help for staying on goal the upcoming week..

It’s a link I found here on MFP; and in a nutshell you punch in your age gender and weight and it calculates how many calories a day you need to lose or maintain weight .. like what our food diary here does...and we all pretty much know we need to burn 3500 calories to equal a loss of one pound of fat..

BUT... it also says if you're aiming for let’s say 1400 calories a day….. that’s what.. 9800 calories a week..but suggests you shoud "zig zag" your daily calories., i.e., little less one day, a little more another day.. the theory being as long as you stay within your weekly total of 9800 calories , you will still lose that same pound a week.

it tricks your body by constantly changing your daily calorie intake. It also should help getting stuck at plateaus as well. You don’t have to sign up or join anything, just plug in your info .. take about 5 seconds lol.

Just thought it might help some of us break the mindset that we haven’t “screwed up” at all when we find ourselves having consumed a few extra calories one day… we just have to adjust a day or two during the week to balance it out… Here’s the link in case anyone wants to take a peek..

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I’m heading back to bed ….hoping to grab another hour of shut eye before that darn alarm goes off !

Replies

• mercinursi
    mercinursi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning Hatters!! Yesterday was a whole new day, and you were all right, I did much better. I have even dropped some of the fluid I was retaining. :happy: Still have some but nothing like it was before. Decided nottoweigh in until I have lost a little more, ok I admit it's because I'm afraid it will show a gain and I'm afraid of the funk it will send me into. :ohwell:

Today I return to work for the first time in 9 weeks. Decided to take my ice machine to ice my knee part way through the day and my BP machine, since I am concerned that work is what was causing my high BP. I am excited and a little anxious. Determined to make some changes in my work habits, not only with food, but to leave on time and get back to my family. They are truly morning my return to work. :frown:

I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Monday! Not only is it a new day but a brand new week. This will be our best yet and we can do it! Look we are all women that made it to menopause, who in their right mind would question anything we set our minds to doing?

Snooozie, I am not as good as inspiring as you but I am so grateful to have you as our leader!

Catch you all later Hatters, and wonderful Monday to all of you!
  • lorielou111
    lorielou111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Thank you for that info Snoozie! Sure makes me feel better about yesterday! Has anyone ever told you what a great leader and motivator you are?! Wish me luck on this internal ultrasound this am. Gotta drink 40 0z. Water 1 hour before. Ok now I don't know if any of you Hatters have any "leaking plumbing" problems but I'm thinkin this is going to be a "leaky" problem once I drive 20 minutes to Geneva for this drinking water the whole way!! Yikes! Then there's the walk to the lab which I dohave some trouble with that "directional" part of your brain, I don't have that little "part" !! Lol. Sounds like a bbig 'ol "leakiy" mess to me!!:laugh: ill let you all know how it goes later today!! Have a happyu and successful day!:happy:
  • mercinursi
    mercinursi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lorielou~ I will keep you in thought and prayer that there aren't any leaks. :happy: I have had several of those, comes with having triplets, funny story about that after you are done. It is uncomfortable, but not at all painful. Waiting for your update.

Debbie
  • Lindawoj1
    Lindawoj1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Another day and a new week. I'm wishing everyone the best for this week.
    I had an IPOM moment today. The scale showed me that last week was as good as I thought. Now my problem......I tend to get proud of myself and indulge. I'm hoping I can keep focused..

Snoozie: thanks for the new tool. I like the way they think. I'm gonna need to do some shuffling of calories this week. Taking my grandson to the zoo for is Birthday on Wednesday and I'm sure they don't have a lot of healthy choices. Thinking I'll pack a picnic and hide it in the stroller for me and let the others eat what they want.

Have a great day and I'll check in during my grandsons nap time.
    :bigsmile:
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
    Well I was rewarded with a two lb gain this morning, thanks to my overindulgence on Saturday....the monkey never learns
    Off to walk some of it away! ttyl
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    Good morning everyone! After having a 6 and 9 year old stay the weekend with me I'm so ready for my life to get back to normal. As much as I love those little ones, it's going to feel good to go home to an empty house today. I had forgotten how much work they are!
    I hope everyone has an awesome and positive day!
    (Thank you Snoozie for all of your positive inspiration)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Good morning , Everyone
    I hope you all had a great weekend , and you met all your goals you set out with. I know I did...finally. Starting the day out rolling along busily. I'm aiming to get back into walking those steps daily and drinking at least 32 oz. water.

Lorielou- much prayers sent your way. Squeeze tight...

Bye for now.
    G
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in-1 lb. Fitness Pal rewarded me by reducing my calories
    Lorilou, hang in there-its been a while since I have had an ultrasound that required lots of water, but if I had one today. I would have to have a pad on the car seat for leakage, and really hope that I didn't sneeze. Yesterday while playing tennis I coughed and lets just say I need to remember to wear "protection".
    IPOM-whenever I go to the hairdressers to get my roots done, I stop at the consignment shop. SCORE. I bought three very professional pants suits (with full linings) for $25 each and two casual outfits. The lady at the store said that a woman came in who had lost a lot of weight and went from a size 18 to a size 12. So I figure that not only did I buy some nice clothes I bought some great FITNESS KARMA too. Being 5’10” I frequently have issues with pants length but this anonymous pounds shedder must have been my height.
    Losing weight and consignment shops are a perfect match. I do not intend to stay a size 18, so I don’t want to invest in a lot of new clothes, but wearing clothes that fit and feel good are important no matter what size you are.
    Knowing that this mystery lady had the courage to sell her lovely clothes after losing weight gave me the courage to go through my closet and start weeding out the clothes that are now too big. Sizes are so arbitrary, I have 3 pairs of jeans all size 18, one pair is now too large, the next pair is just right and the third pair is still a little snug. So even though the size 18 suits fit perfectly, some of the clothes being packed up are size 18. I have never sold my clothes, I will give some away to my sister and the ones I don’t I will donate. I think that the lady who sold her clothes to the consignment shop lost money, if she had donated the suits to the group that collects professional clothes for women returning to the work place, her tax deduction would have been greater than $25.
    QUESTIONS-
    Do you do consignment shops-
    What is your favorite consignment shop find-
    (Mine is a woven purple silk Chicos jacket)
    What are you doing with clothes when they are too big
    EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend and met your goals. If not, well, like Snoozie said, today is a NEW DAY! It is never too late to start over.

My life is about to change dramatically. My daughter and 3 grandkids (ages 6, 5 and 3) will be here today to live with me. For the time being, the kids will be here for alternating weeks. It's a long story, one that took months to get to this point. I will do whatever I can to help my daughter and these kids. They are a HUGE part of my life. My daughter is my best friend!

I look forward to the new week and hitting Zumba class.

HUGZz
    Kimberly
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning my dear ladies! How I missed you all...

I’m sorry that I was non-existent from Saturday morning on. And no, it wasn’t because my hubby kidnapped me and took me to San Fran for our Anniversary or anything like that (dang it…)

I received a text from my oldest daughter. She’s been living on her own for approximately 4 years. Her roommate got pregnant around 11 months ago and moved in with the daddy and now has a beautiful baby girl to begin their lives together. That leaves my daughter in a pickle. My nephew, agreed to move in with her about 6 months ago. The lease on the apartment runs out the end of this month. My daughter is going on a mission trip with the church today and a weeks’ vacation immediately following. She gets a text from my nephew that he’s not going to be able to move in; he just can’t swing the finances…. GAH! Stress factor 10,000 for my Sarah! We make phone calls to various friends and family to see if we can find someone else to move in. That doesn’t work. We start looking around for a one bedroom … They are the same price as the 2-bed she can’t afford now!

Ok, done. Move back in with Mom! She’s been saving to buy a condo and get out of the rental market trap. We agreed that it’s the best option under the circumstances. She can save money; yeah she’s farther from her work and school, but in the long run, its best. So we spent the rest of Saturday night and most of yesterday organizing her apartment. Setting aside her packing for her mission trip this week (she’s on the plane as we speak now for Africa) setting aside her California stuff for her trip with her Dad and sisters when she gets back. Then we sorted through what she wants to take to my place and what she wants to “store”. Oh, did I add, she has a cat that we are taking to our place as well? I don’t mind the cat at all as we have his brother, sister and mother at our place. However, they’ve not seen each other in a year or so! They made it through the night, no blood, no fur, but a lot of hissing and growling!

Over the next 2 weeks my hubby and I, her boyfriend, my nephew, her ex-roommates soon to be hubby, and any other able bodied person we can find will move her out of her apartment, get her set up in ours and find her storage. She will get back on July 30th, and we will have her place spotless for the walk through/walk out on the 31st!
    I am SO excited to have her live with us. I know it’s going to be tough, she’s 23 and independent, but I miss her so much. She had been working and going to school So I rarely got to see her.

So food choices were not something I cared about these past 36 hours. I ate KFC, pizza and who remembers what else! I feel it today, so backed up and just plain blagh… green smoothies cleans me again…. Did I tell you all, I don’t think I did…? I am 90% Vegan…. I will eat fish/seafood, but generally don’t eat beef, chicken or dairy.

Yeah food this weekend killed me.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend and met your goals. If not, well, like Snoozie said, today is a NEW DAY! It is never too late to start over.

My life is about to change dramatically. My daughter and 3 grandkids (ages 6, 5 and 3) will be here today to live with me. For the time being, the kids will be here for alternating weeks. It's a long story, one that took months to get to this point. I will do whatever I can to help my daughter and these kids. They are a HUGE part of my life. My daughter is my best friend!

I look forward to the new week and hitting Zumba class.

HUGZz
    Kimberly

Wow Kim, sounds like an epidemic, my daughter is moving back with me too for a spell.... Tough weekend for all.
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a crazy couple of days! I biked 44 miles yesterday...a new record for me. Sometimes I feel like Forrest Gump when he's running (no beard for me yet, but I do have quite the mustache going :laugh: ). I was pretty tired on my way home, and I was riding against the wind which made it more difficult. But I made it, and think that each weekend I'll try and go a little farther. Had a surprise (12 hours notice) visit from my MIL and family members. She's always been very critical of me so it's usually a stressful visit. Needless to say we went into house cleaning/bed stripping marathon mode and although it was exhausting, they're already gone, and I'm left with a clean house (which I'm trying desperately to hold on to:noway:).

Yesterday I had a slice of pizza and a small piece of peach blueberry pie and still lost weight (1773 calories burned on my bike ride!). It made me realize I can eat those things as long as it's in moderation (the old me would have had three slices of pizza, and then sneaked a fourth slice as I was cleaning up), and I've done something to burn some calories.

Lorielou, good luck today! I too have a leak-issue. Those damn kids, they stole a perfectly good bladder from me. Now I can't run, sneeze or laugh without crossing my legs or changing my pants :(.

Leslye, WOW. Crazy weekend. But what fun to have her home again :) Where in Africa is she going? I'm going to Uganda in February for two weeks to help at an orphanage.

Kimberly, hooray! Sounds very exciting! They are lucky to have you, enjoy your family and your Zumba :)

Hairspray, loved your post. I hear you about "protection"! I love consignment stores, but these days I don't have the time (or is it patience?) to go through the racks. I often go with my daughter who wears size 5.5 shoes, and has scored some great boots! It does sound like you had some serious karma going on :smile: . You should definitely get rid of the clothes that are too big...there's no going back!!

G, love your posts...so much conveyed in a few words! Glad you're back on track :smile:

Here's to us and our awesomeness!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    44 miles!! MeRoBi ! That is just amazing. I would love to ride bikes but the seat 's have gotten smaller and my seat has gotten bigger , so until we (Me & the seat ) meet somewhere in the middle ground , I'm NOT riding.

Leslye, great news about your daughter coming home for a stay.

Abbezen, You make me want to get my Zumba tapes out and knock off the dust to see if i can move some, even if it's not their steps, I'll do it my way until I learn.

Hairsprayhon....that was good karma to find the right size and length..We don't have any here, but there is one about 40 miles intown. It's nothing like I imagine yours is. It's picked over badly. A few years ago , I went to some In Tampa that were awesome!!

If I missed anyone, Please have a great day... OOPs., my typing cracks me up sometimes..I just proofed before hitting send and it said...If I kissed anyone...Oh , well , just overlook anything if it looks out of sorts, in the future.

Snooozie, I'll catch up with you on the flip side. Hope you had a great day!!

Oh yeah, I got 36 oz. water in. I haven't gotten in my exercise yet. Off to do that now.

Bye for now,
    G
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Ok, Hatters I have a question for all of you.
    Snooze kinda helped me out with some of my question on the board she posted earlier. This is the first time that I have counted calories in all the times I have tried to lose weight. . My confusion is we have X amount of calories a day to use. We need to use most or all of them. We also get extra's for exercising. Were I'm not sure about is--I see were some of you post that 'I blew it today'! Is that because you choose the wrong foods, or you went over on your calories for the day or both? So if I eat a brownie I needed to count the calories-(knowing that's not a good choice)but I still need to count them towards my daily count. So basic counting calories pretty much you can eat what you want but you need to make the right healthy choices. Please help clear this all up in my menopausal mind!

Thanks Anita
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ok, Hatters I have a question for all of you.
    Snooze kinda helped me out with some of my question on the board she posted earlier. This is the first time that I have counted calories in all the times I have tried to lose weight. . My confusion is we have X amount of calories a day to use. We need to use most or all of them. We also get extra's for exercising. Were I'm not sure about is--I see were some of you post that 'I blew it today'! Is that because you choose the wrong foods, or you went over on your calories for the day or both? So if I eat a brownie I needed to count the calories-(knowing that's not a good choice)but I still need to count them towards my daily count. So basic counting calories pretty much you can eat what you want but you need to make the right healthy choices. Please help clear this all up in my menopausal mind!

Thanks Anita

Anita, you get a certain number of calories based on your current weight, age, height, activity level, etc., which is then adjusted based on how quickly you want to lose the weight. Once you get your "number" that's the number of calories you "get". If you exercise (this is where people get a little crazy!) you can either "eat those calories back" (all or some of them), or not.

So for instance, I "get" 1200 calories a day. Today I exercised 726 calories "away". I can eat some of those 726 (giving me a total of 1926 for today), or not. Now, if I choose to eat 1200 calories in brownies that's not going to be very much food, and I'll be hungry later, and I haven't given my body very good fuel for the day.

The goal is to eat a well-balanced diet (you can see how much protein, carbohydrates, fat, etc, you should eat and are eating on your home page).

When people say they blew it (I'm assuming, here) they mean they went over their calorie budget for the day. Snooozie's post was great, because maybe someone might realize "hey, I was over 200 calories today, but if I exercise an extra 200 calories tomorrow I should be okay", instead of "oh well, I blew it so I'll start my diet again on Monday!"

Hope that helps!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Bedtime looms; got a text at 1:30am from a co worker and I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I’m a tired puppy tonite and heading for bed early.... but a contented puppy!

My IPOM.. I promised myself on the way home if I changed into my shorts and sneakers the minute I got in, I could read the posts before I went down to the treadmill .. had a quick read and was enough to inspire me to finish my goal on the T/M then hop on the elliptical to give it a go.. IPOM! I only lasted 4 minutes LOLOL.. but every journey starts somewhere.. and my feet were firmly planted on those pedals!

My “pay attention/needs work” is that I went way too long today without eating; shot my blood sugar up and even tho we were swamped at work, I could have and should have taken 5 min every few hours to eat something, as part of my goal is getting my sugars back in check with small but frequent low GI foods.. so note to self..!

But while I was picking a tv channel to watch while I walked.. I hopped on an old scale I found in the gym…I wasn’t looking to weigh myself really.. it was just there..but I looked down and it showed me at 15 lbs OVER what I weigh… I think my heart actually stopped for a second… and I learned at that moment Snoozie can indeed RUN if she has to.. cause I couldn’t get off that thing fast enough. I’m not worried though – I know it’s wrong it was just kinda funny (afterwards) that of all places to see a bad scale moment.. it was the gym!

Wishing everyone a good sleep! Love hearing how everyone is doing and getting a good chuckle.. somewhere there has GOT to be a calorie count for laughing??

Merci!! Who’s a happy nursi?? So glad you’re feeling a little less “retentional?” (fluid) Good insight into realizing a scale hop might funk you; no hurry to weigh in til they’re ready to inspire you instead! And you are so RIGHT. .we made it to now..with all life has thrown at us… how awesome are we! (and ty for the kind words.. I know not this Snoozie of whom you speak tho lol)

LorieLou: glad to pay something forward that might have helped; I have been thinking about you since I read your post and wondering how you’re doing..I hope it went as well as it “could” considering what you were having done – and leaks? Are you kidding me? I have to make sure I pee when the slightest urge hits, in case someone makes me laugh or I choke or sneeze.. (too much sharing maybe huh?) You had to drink 40oz of water.. and then weren’t allowed to get rid of any before the test? They would have had to call for “a cleanup in aisle 2” if it had been me!

Lindawoj: YAY on the scale read!! You should be proud of yourself, and you SHOULD indulge; reward youself with a new book (my own personal reward.. I’m an avid reader)’ a mani/pedi..a new outfit..fresh cut flowers.. something that will say to you well done me and that you consider a treat!! Well done! And the picnic is a great idea; smuggle in what you can hide (maybe fruit or a box of whole grain crackers and some LF cheese?) or try the zig zag calorie approach the day before if it appeals to you; that way you won’t be blindsided or feel bad if there aren’t too many good choices available? Just a thot..

Mazie: great idea on heading for the walkies.. that little hiccup will be gone in a heartbeat!

Tina: Laughed at your post.. yes god love em… but oh so good to come home and be able to just chill!! Hope you walked in the door, kicked off your shoes and relaxed in the solitude!

T2 (Gail) YAYYYYYYYYY YOU!! You’re rocking the water; and im loving the steps.. maybe thanks to you I’ll remember at 4am tomorrow to take the stairs down since I forgot this morning!! Way to go! And I’m with you on those skinny seats… not a chance til my bee-hind can fit on it!

HSHon: - I read somewhere the more weight you lose, the less calories you have to consume to keep the loss going. .which means if they lowered your calorie count, you’re really getting skinnier!!!!!! I LOVE your IPOM.. and what an awesome score! And so well said; we need to feel good about ourselves while we’re getting to our goals, but its hard to justify spending big bucks when you don’t plan to be in that size forever.. yay!

Abbe!! Such exciting news.. I could feel your happiness in your post!! And still excited about heading to Zumba too!! You rock!

Lesley.. we missed ya, but I’m sorry you didn’t get to SF LOL!! Just reading your post I was thinking omg poor Lesley lol.. talk about stressing out! Wow its awesome for her that not only can she come home; but she gets moved while she’s away lol.. just think of the calories you’re gonna be burning ..! Very happy for you too that you’re gonna get to get some mom/daughter time in… I can just imagine how much you miss her! I had no idea you were vegan; bet you have some awesome recipes (I love all veggies.. but I never can find anything interesting to do with them. .considering my lack of culinary ability!)

MeRobi: please please.. tell me that 44 was a typo.. I beg of you!!! Seriously tho; that’s friggin awesome.. and BIG KUDOS on the realization about moderation and exercise giving you the freedom to eat what you want!! Yay! IPOU. AND re the critical MIL?
    Let us at her.. lol we hatters think you’re marvelous and we have your back. !!

Adiane: for myself.. when I post I’ve made a bad choice, its usually the TYPE of food I’ve put in my mouth that im unhappy with.. not the calorie count (usually). .. I know perfectly well that a donut and a small salad have exactly the same number of calories.. but I tend to get mad at myself for “Wasting” calories on something that isn’t good for me when I could have eaten 4x as much of stuff that I love and is also good for me. But.. sometimes (like today).. I bot a muffin on the way in cause I was starving; when I looked up the nutritional info and saw it was 340 calorie and 25 grams of sugar.. I was seriously.. P’O’d at myself… cause I started thinking what I could have had for all those calories and sugar!! But if someone at works bakes some home made cookies and I choose to have one, I don’t stress over the :calories.. I enjoy it and appreciate the yummyness. It’s when I eat 20 of them that THEN I feel bad about calories, type of food an MYSELF!

MeRobi: AWESOME explanation.. I was just about to ask if someone could explain the net thing.. cause I thought I was SUPPOSED to make it ot 1200 with or without exercise.. DUH…… im gonna blame menopause for my brain cell moment.. THANK you MRB! THE LIGHTBULB… IS ON!!!

Ok.. Im starting to feel punch drunk from tired lol so I’m gonna zip my lip and head to bed!! It’s gonna be an awesome week Hatters.. I can feel it in the air… (and by the way.. in the Menopausal Mad Hatters meeting room?? EVERY WOMAN gets her own a/c unit.. and her own REMOTE to operate hers LOL!!
  • lorielou111
    Options
    Bedtime looms; got a text at 1:30am from a co worker and I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I’m a tired puppy tonite and heading for bed early.... but a contented puppy!

My IPOM.. I promised myself on the way home if I changed into my shorts and sneakers the minute I got in, I could read the posts before I went down to the treadmill .. had a quick read and was enough to inspire me to finish my goal on the T/M then hop on the elliptical to give it a go.. IPOM! I only lasted 4 minutes LOLOL.. but every journey starts somewhere.. and my feet were firmly planted on those pedals!

My “pay attention/needs work” is that I went way too long today without eating; shot my blood sugar up and even tho we were swamped at work, I could have and should have taken 5 min every few hours to eat something, as part of my goal is getting my sugars back in check with small but frequent low GI foods.. so note to self..!

But while I was picking a tv channel to watch while I walked.. I hopped on an old scale I found in the gym…I wasn’t looking to weigh myself really.. it was just there..but I looked down and it showed me at 15 lbs OVER what I weigh… I think my heart actually stopped for a second… and I learned at that moment Snoozie can indeed RUN if she has to.. cause I couldn’t get off that thing fast enough. I’m not worried though – I know it’s wrong it was just kinda funny (afterwards) that of all places to see a bad scale moment.. it was the gym!

Wishing everyone a good sleep! Love hearing how everyone is doing and getting a good chuckle.. somewhere there has GOT to be a calorie count for laughing??

Merci!! Who’s a happy nursi?? So glad you’re feeling a little less “retentional?” (fluid) Good insight into realizing a scale hop might funk you; no hurry to weigh in til they’re ready to inspire you instead! And you are so RIGHT. .we made it to now..with all life has thrown at us… how awesome are we! (and ty for the kind words.. I know not this Snoozie of whom you speak tho lol)

LorieLou: glad to pay something forward that might have helped; I have been thinking about you since I read your post and wondering how you’re doing..I hope it went as well as it “could” considering what you were having done – and leaks? Are you kidding me? I have to make sure I pee when the slightest urge hits, in case someone makes me laugh or I choke or sneeze.. (too much sharing maybe huh?) You had to drink 40oz of water.. and then weren’t allowed to get rid of any before the test? They would have had to call for “a cleanup in aisle 2” if it had been me!

Lindawoj: YAY on the scale read!! You should be proud of yourself, and you SHOULD indulge; reward youself with a new book (my own personal reward.. I’m an avid reader)’ a mani/pedi..a new outfit..fresh cut flowers.. something that will say to you well done me and that you consider a treat!! Well done! And the picnic is a great idea; smuggle in what you can hide (maybe fruit or a box of whole grain crackers and some LF cheese?) or try the zig zag calorie approach the day before if it appeals to you; that way you won’t be blindsided or feel bad if there aren’t too many good choices available? Just a thot..

Mazie: great idea on heading for the walkies.. that little hiccup will be gone in a heartbeat!

Tina: Laughed at your post.. yes god love em… but oh so good to come home and be able to just chill!! Hope you walked in the door, kicked off your shoes and relaxed in the solitude!

T2 (Gail) YAYYYYYYYYY YOU!! You’re rocking the water; and im loving the steps.. maybe thanks to you I’ll remember at 4am tomorrow to take the stairs down since I forgot this morning!! Way to go! And I’m with you on those skinny seats… not a chance til my bee-hind can fit on it!

HSHon: - I read somewhere the more weight you lose, the less calories you have to consume to keep the loss going. .which means if they lowered your calorie count, you’re really getting skinnier!!!!!! I LOVE your IPOM.. and what an awesome score! And so well said; we need to feel good about ourselves while we’re getting to our goals, but its hard to justify spending big bucks when you don’t plan to be in that size forever.. yay!

Abbe!! Such exciting news.. I could feel your happiness in your post!! And still excited about heading to Zumba too!! You rock!

Lesley.. we missed ya, but I’m sorry you didn’t get to SF LOL!! Just reading your post I was thinking omg poor Lesley lol.. talk about stressing out! Wow its awesome for her that not only can she come home; but she gets moved while she’s away lol.. just think of the calories you’re gonna be burning ..! Very happy for you too that you’re gonna get to get some mom/daughter time in… I can just imagine how much you miss her! I had no idea you were vegan; bet you have some awesome recipes (I love all veggies.. but I never can find anything interesting to do with them. .considering my lack of culinary ability!)

MeRobi: please please.. tell me that 44 was a typo.. I beg of you!!! Seriously tho; that’s friggin awesome.. and BIG KUDOS on the realization about moderation and exercise giving you the freedom to eat what you want!! Yay! IPOU. AND re the critical MIL?
    Let us at her.. lol we hatters think you’re marvelous and we have your back. !!

Adiane: for myself.. when I post I’ve made a bad choice, its usually the TYPE of food I’ve put in my mouth that im unhappy with.. not the calorie count (usually). .. I know perfectly well that a donut and a small salad have exactly the same number of calories.. but I tend to get mad at myself for “Wasting” calories on something that isn’t good for me when I could have eaten 4x as much of stuff that I love and is also good for me. But.. sometimes (like today).. I bot a muffin on the way in cause I was starving; when I looked up the nutritional info and saw it was 340 calorie and 25 grams of sugar.. I was seriously.. P’O’d at myself… cause I started thinking what I could have had for all those calories and sugar!! But if someone at works bakes some home made cookies and I choose to have one, I don’t stress over the :calories.. I enjoy it and appreciate the yummyness. It’s when I eat 20 of them that THEN I feel bad about calories, type of food an MYSELF!

MeRobi: AWESOME explanation.. I was just about to ask if someone could explain the net thing.. cause I thought I was SUPPOSED to make it ot 1200 with or without exercise.. DUH…… im gonna blame menopause for my brain cell moment.. THANK you MRB! THE LIGHTBULB… IS ON!!!

Ok.. Im starting to feel punch drunk from tired lol so I’m gonna zip my lip and head to bed!! It’s gonna be an awesome week Hatters.. I can feel it in the air… (and by the way.. in the Menopausal Mad Hatters meeting room?? EVERY WOMAN gets her own a/c unit.. and her own REMOTE to operate hers LOL!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    hey snoozie - just a fyi i totally love snow white & the 7 dwarfs...

depending on my mood sometimes i'm snow, sometimes i'm the queen mother....lol ... or the mayor of storybrooke.... so love that show!!!

that's actually why i have the apple in my profile pic - anybody feeling adventureous??

last halloween at work we had the opportunity to dress up... let's just say i went as the mayor and had an apple on my desk....lol...

one year went in as the queen mother - true costume and had the apple on my desk...
  • lorielou111
    Options
    Hi Hatters! Thank you so much for all your prayers and great stories to make me feel better about the leaky issue!! I didn't have any accidents at the place, but something odd.... The lady doing the internal ultrasound couldn't seem to find my right ovary!!:noway: Must be it shriveled up and slipped away somewhere????:noway: Guess we will wait and see on that one!! Maybe I'm all done with menopause and I don't even know it!!:happy: MeRobi, glad to have you back! we missed you!! Yes, this pelvic" fallout ":wink: was caused by the ridiculously difficult birth of our first child!! Something about the idiot Doctor thinking I would be glad to get the "home run" on my own without a cessarian... What a dip!! Any hoo.. Hmm. Am I still holding a grudge after all these years!!:devil: HEEHEE! For all of you that have kids moving back home, we just went thru that with our son for a month before he moved to Mass. to do a 6 month co-op for MIT. Including a spooky black cat named ChiChi. I loved it and yet it is hard to rock the balance of your home when you are used to having it to yourselves. Maybe it will be the best time of your life and there's also!! Gotta keep positive!!:bigsmile: Well, time for bed for me, I need to get my fanny in gear tomorrow morning!! Feeling a bit lazy. Night night!:heart:
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Anita, calories are just a tool, NUTRITION is what we need to be focused on. This week I know my food diary is a little screwy, but most of the time I focus more on what I eat than on what the calories say. And when I exercise I do not add in calories unless I am hungry. Most of the time we overestimate the calories we burn when we exercise. When I was researching nutrition the one site that I found to be very helpful was http://www.health.harvard.edu/plate/healthy-eating-plate Nutrtitionists are still not happy with the USDA's food plate. I think the food diary is helpful in tracking things like brownies or today's raisinettes, it lets us see what our food habits really are. I think of calories like I do money. Lets say I start with $1000, I know I need to buy the essentials of life, but if I budget there might be enough to splurge for an extra treat. If I spend all of my $1000 on splurges I will not be able to buy what I need and I will end up with debt and if I do it too often my debt will grow out of control. With calories, I know I need to use those calories to get the basic nutrition to keep me healthy, if I budget my calories I will be able to have an ocassional splurge ( raisinettes), but if I use my calories for splurges that do not give me a nutritional pay off, I will end up without the nutrients I need to be healthy and gain fat, if I do it too often my fat will grow out of control. With money when people do their checkbook, they keep track of what they spend, even when it is for things outside of their budget, the same is true with the food diary.
    IN addition to calories, I track my fiber and even though I didn't change my goals in my fitness pal (because I couldn't get the math to work) I aim for at least 30 grams of fiber a day. When I get that fiber, I am more likely to feel full and less likely to crave junk.