Week 2 Day 1

Options
mom2boys3
mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
Well, I am getting back on track. I did my 2 mile walk this morning with my weighted belt. Let's go everyone! GET MOVING!!! Have a great day.

Replies

• janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 1

did three miles this morning with weights in rucksack! heavy going but Immade it !
  • beckyschanging
    beckyschanging Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did my 3 miles with strap on weights. First half wrapped them on ankles and then on the way back had them on wrists. Fun Fun! Everyone having fun yet? Was anyone else thrown off balance at first with the extra weight? It could have been because mine was on my ankles and when I would stride it felt different. BTW I am having ice cream for lunch after that!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic walk this morning.
    Due to poor ankles and tendonitis in my wrists, I opted for a weight vest.
    Heavier than the 2-4 lbs we're supposed to do (it's 8lbs), but balanced over chest, shoulders, back.

I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL THE EXTRA WEIGHT!
    Walked normal...and felt so good I added little extra.

I cut my normal route time down this morning, so I added an extra bit around the park to the front door instead of the back door.
    2.17 miles (instead of 1.6 - 1.8) and only added 4 minutes to my time!

O yeah. I also noticed with the vest, that my posture improved as I walked. Especially going up incline/hill areas. Kept my head up instead of looking at my feet (I tend to do that because I am klutzy and want to see where I am walking).

:happy: It was a great morning!
  • reecie1034
    reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    It's really good to see fellow committed walkers... I continued on my 2 mile walk today with 2lb weights straped to each of my wrists... Kept my arms pumping to maximize the benefits if the weights...
    I'm starting to see a difference in my body.... I'm excited about the changes in.my body :-)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Spent the day at the Audubon Zoo from 10 am until about 2:15, needless to say I my mile + my weight was my purse, two umbrellas, water, and camera to cover the weight challenge.
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    Day 1 Week 2 Completed: I really feel good about my walk today. i walked 2 miles and will focus on increasing on tomorrow. I did not add my weights today because I forgot but will add tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.