Excercise suggestions?

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
I live in an apartment close to a park, and could go for walks daily, but its been incredibly hot and so dry that the trail at the park has been kicking dust making my LO cough :( So I stopped.

I need something low impact. I have bad knees, and had a C-section that still hurts badly when I do anything that puts strain onto it.

Any suggestions? I've been doing yoga, but skipping the lower core stuff, which is what I neeeed.

Replies

• sheis1025
    sheis1025 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you have any gaming devices? i.e. ps3 or wii? I use my wii to excercise. They have some great games you can buy, and it keeps working out fun
  • Selunca
    Options
    No, I don't have any video game systems :(
    I was doing jumping jacks, but a friend told me it will burn the 'wrong' kind of energy - saying it burns sugar, not fat.

I'm getting frustraited, because I can't find anything to up my heart rate that isn't strength training.
  • evilsnugglybunny
    Options
    Yeah if you have any gaming consoles thats a great option. You can also check out
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1766
  • Selunca
    Options
    I ended up braving a Yoga DVD I used to do before I got pregnant. It didn't hurt too bad tonight, and I'm hoping with time and effort it will hurt less. and I burned 90 calories. :D That's a lot for my couch potato *kitten*.