Pregnant! =)

Options
iluvhorses1983
iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
This group has been so amazing! My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I have VLCD most of my life until February of 2012. I upped my calories to maintenance (for a reset) on May 29th and got a PPT on July 7th! Coincidence? I don't think so! =) Granted, I gained 4 pounds during my reset but that was obviously what my body needed to support a pregnancy. I just wanted to share my experience and how greatful I am for all of your guidance, information and support!

Now, I am eating at my maintenance (~2000 calories). Does this sound right for my first trimester?
5'4
135 lbs

I used to be moderately active, but have reduced to lightly active due to fatigue. =)

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations to you and your husband! sending prayers your way!!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats...from everything I have read, you really only need an extra 300 calories in the last trimester to help with the pregnancy. Of course double check with your OB/GYN....
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! Congratulations!!! I think eating at TDEE is perfect during pregnancy. Enjoy every miraculous moment! :heart:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is truly awesome news! Good luck during your pregnancy and keep eating at TDEE.:smile:
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and so happy for you!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news :)
    Congratulations to you and your husband.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    Amazing news, Congrats!! x
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! So happy for you and your husband!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    That's wonderful! When I had my birth control (Implanon) removed in May, my doctor said they have seen some evidence of delayed return to fertility for those who used it. I started telling her how DH and I were starting to eat healthier and work out and she said that could really help. I would not be surprised if your VLCD had something to do with the length of time it took to get pregnant, but I'm SO glad you found EMTLW. I think eating at maintenance is appropriate. I have also read 300 extra calories per day is all it takes to maintain healthy pregnancy (though I read throughout the pregnancy). Maintenance should help you maintain a healthy weight (and not gain TOO much) while pregnant.
  • Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congats to you!! Fab news - if it was me I would eat at TDEE I guess, lil one will need the goodness :)
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I hope all goes well.

Your first pregnancy is such an exciting time.

I vaguely remember mine, yikes, 15 years ago now!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I think TDEE is perfect! Enjoy each moment!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! what a wonderful story!! if you haven't already, you should join us over at fit, fabulous, and pregnant :)

most of us are eating at maintanence in the first trimester, then +300 calories per day in the 2nd and 3rd. but, it's up to you and your doctor!!

I'm 5'6, 210, and eat at least 2,500 :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is such awesome news! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also think maintenance for the first trimester is good and then add 300 for the 2nd and 3rd.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou: how very exciting for you both.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    wow wow!!! this is so wonderful!!! congratulations!!!!!! :love:
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!