Will You Repeat the Week or Move To Next Week???

Options
Please share!!

I think I will repeat the week but use a faster speed on the treadmill for my jog.

What about you?

J

Replies

• cstratton78
    cstratton78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be repeating week one. I thought the podcast I downloaded on my mp3 player was the same as the c25K programs on coolrunner.com but apparently it's not. It's by Todd Lange and W1 starts out with 5 minute warm up walk then goes into a 2 minute jog followed by a 3 minute recovery walk. I was surprised that I was able to actually do it and there was that sense of accomplishment to actually be able to make it through-but it wasn't very easy and I don't think I'm ready to progress to week 2 just yet.
  • getrip1
    getrip1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Moving on to week 2.
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks for responding guys. It's nice to see where people are!

J
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    I think I'm doing ok on week 2 but I'll see what I'm like on Friday. It feels like week 3 could be a bit too hard for me. I must admit I am jogging very, very slowly!
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    I think I'm doing ok on week 2 but I'll see what I'm like on Friday. It feels like week 3 could be a bit too hard for me. I must admit I am jogging very, very slowly!

You probably aren't jogging any slower than I am!! LOL

I'm only doing 3.0 on the treadmill. I think that is the slowest you can go to actually get a light jog. That's why I decided to do W1 again and try 3.5. (That's what I'm trying today) If I can do it, then I will continue the program at that speed. If I can't, then I may go back to 3.0 and pick up on W2. I'm not sure. I want to be sure I'm challenging myself but not to the point it's just toooo much.

Do what you can. When we are ready for W3, we will tackle it and get it done!!!

J
  • writinwater
    Options
    Hi guys,

Sounds like you're all off to a great start, good on you! I'm very proud :D

I did W2D1 on monday and actually felt really good doing it - I run at 6.5 (I assume it's km's!) and walk at 6, both on an incline of 1. I totally thought I wouldnt be able to do it, but I did!

Definately appreciating the extra walking time to recover, but felt great after. Also the longer you run makes it feel like it's over quicker.. so definately not "loving running" yet.. But getting there ;) Give it a go! You can do it! If it's too hard there's no problem dropping back to repeat W1 - it's still progress!

Did yoga last night and doing W2D2 tonight. Is anyone else really appreciating this motivation to actually work out 3 times a week? I usually manage to convince myself to skeeve off at least once a week, but so far I've made all the sessions I've planned for myself! Hurray!