Gained :(

Options
HKSteph
HKSteph Posts: 19 Member
Day 9 on the diet and today I've gained 2 lbs! so gutted! Anyone else had this? I didn't change anything yesterday, perfect PP day so that's quite scary.

Any tips or commiserations gratefully received!

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Water weight? TOM? Constipation? Or could just be a blip that'll correct itself in the next few days... I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a trend. (easier said than done, i know)
  • HKSteph
    Options
    Thanks photorific, just so frustrating. Don't think it's TOTM but will have to check my calendar when I get home(!) could be either o the other two I guess. Argh!
  • cathmcb
    cathmcb Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi HKsteph,
    I´d go with what photorific says. You know you´ve done it properly so don´t panic too much.
    I´ve found myself going up and down like a yoyo though the week ( one day almost 2lbs too) but I´ve stuck with it and always managed to drop something every week. I´ve got TOM time coming up so it will be interesting to see what happens. My problem may well be just sticking with the diet as my hormones take over and I seem to lose all control.

Hang on in there and let us know how it goes.
  • HKSteph
    Options
    Thank you guys! I'll use your words to get me through this all day meeting right now complete with cookies, croissants, grapes and oranges all within arms reach! Give me strength!!!
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, this is why I weigh myself only once a week. Just drinking water will show more weight, and if you had actually gained 2 lbs of fat, you would have had to have eaten 7.000 EXTRA calories...which I am sure you didn't.
    I stalled a little in the 2nd week of the Cruise Phase, and have now switched to green tea instead of only water, and it seems to be helping. :-)
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    fight the temptation of the foods! If you really can't resist, the orange is the least of all evils. Keep sugar-free gum on you and have coffee.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am so afraid of this that once I get to the cruise phase I am only going to try and weigh in once a week... I am going to TRY!

You've got this Steph! You are stronger than the temptation!!
  • HKSteph
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement today! I've managed to stay away from all the. Ad stuff and caved to one clementine all day! As a reward went to Chinatown for some fresh tofu which I love!

I think you guys have the right idea with the once a week weigh in from now on though, I'm not sure I can take this hit regularly!
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    When you feel discouraged like this, take a step back and see the bigger picture. See how far you have come, how well you have done to get where you are. Remember, you are heading in the right direction, :smile:
  • ikoiko33
    ikoiko33 Posts: 43
    Options
    I had a little gain this week too … but it's been really hot and humid here lately, and my doctor attributes it to my body trying to stay hydrated due to the weather.